White Out

Mary Margaret smiled as she gently rocked her newborn. "There you go, Sweetheart." He moved toward the crib, her voice soothing. "I'll see you in three hours for your midnight shrieking. Yes, I will." Just as she placed her son down for his nap, Henry joined his grandmother. "Oh. Sweet dreams."

"What do you suppose babies dream about?"

David walked past the two, Emma following as they passed each other. "Bull fighting."

"Laser tag."

"That's not true." Henry smiled at the woman, laughing at their comments.

"I think they're joking."

Mary Margaret gave the boy a small sigh, walking toward the living room, sitting beside her daughter. "Right. I'll recognise funny again, when he's three and I've had some sleep."

"Three? I see the optimism returning."

Henry turned to his aunt, just as silence fell around them. "Hey, aunt B. What did you dream about?"

Brooklyn stared at the TV, too invested in her movie to look at the boy. "An endless wrath of torture and humiliation." At her words, everyone turned to look at her, Mary Margaret's eyes wide. Brooklyn turned to them, her own eyes narrowed. "Oh, you meant when I was younger?"

"Yeah.."

"Right." The girl nodded, looking back to the screen. As if nothing if what she said wasn't normal. "Mermaids."

"Let me guess, and unicorns?" Emma asked, smirking at the girl.

"Yeah." She spoke, the blind raising her eyebrows in shock. Noticing this, Brooklyn rolled her eyes. "Don't forget, Emma, before you were born, I once was a child."

"Oh, how could I forget?"

"But, the day you decided to grace us with your presence, that all flew away in merely an hour."

Emma gave her sister a knowing look, taking a bite of her food. "You know, as happy as I am to see you're not all..gloomy and depressing anymore. I'm not much of a fan with your new found sarcasm."

Brooklyn faked a gasp, holding her hand on her heart dramatically. "And, here I thought we were bonding."

David shared a laugh with his wife, the woman smiling at her youngest daughter. No matter how much Brooklyn always put her guard up, she was glad to see she still had some of her child sense inside her. It made her happy to think, even with what she had been through, she could still find the happiness.

"Seriously?" Growing annoyed, Brooklyn threw the remote down as she walked toward the boxed screen. Taking action first, the girl began hitting the top of it, her mother too tired to even acknowledge it. "Why won't it work?"

"Hitting it won't help." Emma stated, leaning against the counter. Ignoring her sister, Brooklyn continued slamming her hand down, eventually cheering as the movie began to play again.

"Ha!" She looked to the blonde, throwing her hands into fists, hitting them together twice with a small smirk.

Rolling her eyes, Emma just looked to her father. "Told you not to let her watch friends." Watching as he only shrugged, Emma looked to her son. "Okay, chocolate, DVDs, ice cream..red wine. That's one heck of late night snack, kid."

"It's for my mom." Emma patted the boys shoulder, smiling.

"I don't drink and sheriff."

"My other mom. I googled how to get over a break up. It didn't talk about your boyfriend's wife time travelling back from the past, but..close enough."