497 Bear- san, Side Story

My name is Suzuran, and I am the one tasked with taking care of Kagali-sama.

Sponsored Content
Kagali-sama is a gorgeous woman with long golden hair. Her beauty had not diminished ever since I met her for the first time when I was a child. When I heard that she had lived for hundreds of years, I could not believe it.

Legend has it that a giant serpent, known as Orochi, was sealed on the island of Reenes. Legends said that the Orochi brought disasters to the country, and many people died. Legends told that the Orochi was sealed and that the fox-sama guards the seal.

I grew up hearing the story as if it were a tale. I thought the fox was a deity of sorts.

However, there really was a fox-sama on the island which has been guarding the seal of the Orochi for many years. That was Kagali-sama.

I was surprised when I first heard about it, but I began to believe it when I saw Kagali-sama’s fox ears and tail.

I crossed over to the island of Reenes and took care of Kagali-sama.

However, one day, Kagali-sama was acting strangely. Even when I talked to her, she seemed to be in a blank state of mind.

I spoke to Kagali-sama several times, and she told me not to come to the island for a while. I was surprised by her words. I asked her why. If you have any complaints about me, please tell me. If there is something wrong with me, I will fix it.

But what Kagali-sama said exceeded my expectations.

She doesn’t want me to go near the island because the seal of the Orochi may break anytime soon.

I thought she was kidding because she said it while drinking, but her face was not her usual mischievous or joking expression.

I felt those words were true.

A few days after I was not allowed to meet Kagali-sama, while working at the castle, I heard a story about many monsters appearing outside the city, and the soldiers were in a hurry to sortie. With that many soldiers, how many monsters were there?

But I am sure they will be fine. I always see the training after all.

A short time after the soldiers left, I overheard some of them talking. I heard the words, “The Orochi has returned” in that conversation.

I tried to listen in, but there seemed to be a gag order in place, and the soldiers were warned by their superiors to keep their mouths shut immediately.

The Orochi has returned. Those words repeat themselves over and over in my head.

Kagali-sama!

Before I knew it, I was already running towards the harbor.

I almost fell down several times, but I ran to the harbor as fast as I could. There was a commotion in the city about the monsters, but not about the Orochi. It was not until later that I realized that I should have taken a carriage on the way.

When I arrived at the harbor, it was noisy.

I looked around. There were not many soldiers. I wonder if they went somewhere else because the monsters have appeared outside of the city.

I came to the harbor, but as I was walking around, not knowing what to do, I saw King Suou and Sakura-sama.

“Sakura-sama!” (Suzuran)

I approached Sakura-sama.