535 - Bear-san, Heads To The Bear House

According to Cereille, she was going to capture the man and take him to her father, but the man wanted to die at Cereille’s hands.

“Well then, let’s go to Keith.” (Cereille)

Cereille was trying to look calm, but having killed someone for the first time, she didn’t seem to be able to notice nor be aware of what was happening around her.

“Cereille. Your sword is still on the ground.” (Yuna)

I picked up the sword from the ground and gave it to Cereille.

“Ah, thank you.” (Cereille)

Cereille’s hand was trembling as she tried to reach for the sword.

Sponsored Content
“Fufu, embarrassing. My hands are shaking.” (Cereille)

It’s nothing to be ashamed of. To tremble is more of a human reaction rather than attaining the feeling of ‘having fun’ after killing somebody.

She wiped off the blood on her sword and tried to put it back in the scabbard, but it didn’t go in. I waited for her to put the sword in the scabbard.

Once the sword was sheathed, Cereille exhaled.

“Are you all right?” (Yuna)

“Yes, I’m all right. I have shown you my pathetic side.” (Cereille)

I have never killed anyone (though I left them half-dead), but I am used to seeing blood from monsters. I don’t think Cereille has any experience in that area either.

Besides, I think there was a difference between stabbing a person and stabbing a monster. Even if it was an evil person, only he/she could understand how it feels to kill someone.

“So what about the man?” (Yuna)

She turned her attention to the man who was lying face down.

“I could not take him alive, but I would like to take him to my father. Later, I will put him on my horse.” (Cereille)

That would make it twice as hard.

That said, I don’t want to put the man’s corpse on Swaying Bear’s back. I don’t know because he was lying face down, but Cereille’s sword must have turned him into a bloody mess.

Then, was that the only way?

“I will carry him to the horse.” (Yuna)

“But…” (Cereille)

Cereille looked at Swaying Bear.

“No. I won’t make Swaying Bear carry him.” (Yuna)

I used earth magic to raise the ground on which the man was lying and create a sort of makeshift coffin on wheels. I also put a tight lid on it so that the corpse cannot be seen. After all, continuously seeing a dead body wasn’t a good feeling.

Finally, I made a mini bear golem to pull the coffin like a carriage.

“Yuna, you never cease to amaze me.” (Cereille)

We went to the bear house where Keith was staying, along a path that could be passed by the mini bear golem pulling the coffin on wheels.

Cereille walked ahead as if she wanted to see Keith as soon as possible.

I looked at Swaying Bear and saw that he had something in his mouth.

“Swaying Bear. What are you holding in your mouth?” (Yuna)

Swaying Bear showed me what was in his mouth.

Swaying Bear was holding a collar in his mouth, that’s the same thing the man had tried to get Cereille to wear around her neck to seal her magic.