544 - Bear-san, Makes Plushies

The next day, I invited Sherry to the bear house early in the morning to help her make a life-sized Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear plushies.

Then Fina, whom I consulted about the present yesterday, and Shuri, who Fina invited, were already there.

“Well then, I’ll measure the size. Please don’t move, Swaying Bear-chan.” (Sherry)

'Ku~u ~ n’

Sherry takes out a measuring tape and begins to measure Swaying Bear.

“Swaying Bear-chan, please turn your feet this way.” (Sherry)

'Ku~u ~ n’

Starting with the sole of the right foot, the length of the foot, the thickness, and the size of various parts of the foot are measured. Swaying Bear followed Sherry’s instructions and moved his body to make it easier for her to measure his size.

Fina and Shuri followed Sherry’s instructions to measure Hugging Bear’s size. Since Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear have the same body shape, Sherry could have just measured one of them, but it was meant to be a double-check to avoid any mistakes. By double-checking the measurements, we can be sure that there will be no size mistakes.

Well, the real reason was that Shuri wanted to measure them as well.

I decided to let her do it because this was one of the things she could learn. This experience could be food for Shuri’s growth. The desire to do it is crucial.

Shuri made Hugging Bear sit down and pressed the measuring tape against him.

“Oneechan, is this good enough?” (Shuri)

“A little lower, maybe?” (Fina)

Fina answered while looking at Sherry’s instructions.

Sherry’s instructions were very detailed about what part of the body to measure. She even included a picture of a bear.

Sherry, on her own, was measuring the size of Swaying Bear, she’s swift and nimble. On the other hand, even when they do it together, Fina and Shuri can’t keep up with Sherry’s speed.

Sponsored Content
“Hugging Bear-chan, don’t wag your tail.” (Shuri)

'Ku~u ~ n’

Shuri tried to measure Hugging Bear’s tail, but the tiny round tail moved slightly.

“Shuri, you have to be gentle while measuring it.” (Fina)

“U~u, I know.” (Shuri)

It’s an amusing sight.

But since we can’t move on like this, I decided to help measure Hugging Bear too.

“U~u, you’re so big.” (Shuri)

“Shuri, give it here.” (Fina)

Shuri and Fina worked together to measure the torso.

Well then, I will help Sherry where she cannot measure by herself.

“Are you going to measure the size of his paws too?” (Yuna)

“Yes, I need it.” (Sherry)

Well, better to have it than not. If we’re going to make an exact replica, we’ll need it.

I followed Sherry’s detailed instructions on the paper and took the measurements.

Then, with some difficulty, and with the help of Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear, we finished measuring their sizes. The paper was filled in with Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear measurements in different sizes. I thought about this when she made Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear plushies before. If this had been my own body size, I would have to tear it up.