536 - Bear-san, Is Having A Discussion

“So, Cereille. About this time, I’d like you to keep it a secret.” (Yuna)

“What do you want me to keep a secret?” (Cereille)

“About this house and how I defeated the monsters.” (Yuna)

“I’ll keep not only the house but also about the monsters a secret? If you report it to the Adventurers’ Guild, I think they will reward you. Of course, I know they won’t believe you, so I’ll be happy to put in a good word for you. I will also inform my father that the town was saved thanks to Yuna, so I am sure he will also thank you.” (Cereille)

“I don’t want any reward, or even a thank you from your father.” (Yuna)

“Wait, then we won’t be able to thank you, Yuna.” (Cereille)

“As I was saying, you don’t have to thank me. Both you and Keith are safe, and that’s all that matters.” (Yuna)

I didn’t save them because I wanted money or rewards. I just don’t want the people I know to die because I didn’t help them. If I didn’t know Cereille, I probably wouldn’t have cared if I saw her galloping her horse. I would not have chased after her. I even probably would have been a stranger when I heard about Cereille’s death.

But since I already know Cereille, I had a conversation with her and got to know her. So I decided to help. Not to be thanked by her. It was for myself.

“Yuna…… I would have fallen in love with you if you were a boy.” (Cereille)

Even if a certain part of me was small, I’m still a girl.

“No, Keith will take over, so even girls can…….” (Cereille)

I think I heard something in a small voice, but it was probably just my imagination.

“But if you keep quiet about this, it would mean Yuna’s deeds won’t be known.” (Cereille)

“I don’t like commotions. Besides, no one would believe me even if I told them that I had defeated these monsters. If you didn’t see it with your own eyes and only heard the story, you wouldn’t believe it either, would you?” (Yuna)

“That’s……” (Cereille)

“So you don’t have to force yourself to put a good word for me. You will also be labeled as weird.” (Yuna)

“But thanks to Yuna, I was saved, Keith was saved, and you also saved the city. I can’t stay silent. Besides, there is the matter of the monsters too. If they could see that, they would believe us.” (Cereille)

We will be looked at oddly, strange rumors might circulate, and above all, it’s a pain.

“And you also have to report the monsters lying around. You defeated those, Yuna, and now you’ll lose your claim to them.” (Cereille)

“It’s okay, I’ll stuff it all in my item bag, and I’ll take care of the other monsters. Without the presence of the monsters, we can probably claim that you rescued Keith from the man all by yourself.” (Cereille)

That’s the best way.

Cereille pondered over my suggestion.

“I understand. If you say so, Yuna, I will not force you to do so. However, I will reveal that you helped me rescue Keith from the man. That’s the one thing I will not compromise on.” (Cereille)

“All right.” (Yuna)

I also decided to also give my part. Besides, I think it would be easier to explain things if I was there.

We found a middle ground with each other, and the discussion was over. Now we just have to deal with the mountain of monsters corpses outside. But first, let’s get out of the bear costume, shall we?