530 - Bear-san, Gets Angry

We walked gently uphill.

“I’m sorry, Yuna. I got you involved in this mess.” (Cereille)

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault, Cereille. That guy is bad news.” (Yuna)

He kidnapped Cereille’s brother, Keith, and also killed Cereille’s mother in the past. For all intents and purposes, the man walking in front of us was the real culprit to be blamed.

“Yes, but……” (Cereille)

“Besides, I can protect myself, so you only have to look out for yourself and Keith.” (Yuna)

“I know that you’re strong, Yuna. But it is my fault that I got you involved in what happened. I should have been a little more aware of my surroundings before leaving the city.” (Cereille)

Cereille had a strong sense of responsibility. She felt guilty for involving me into this. Besides, her brother Keith was kidnapped. It’ll be harsh to ask her to keep her calm.

“I can assure you, Yuna, that both you and Keith will return home safely, even if it costs me my life.” (Cereille)

Cereille seemed willing to sacrifice herself to protect Keith and me. Of course, I have no intention of letting her do that. If Cereille sacrifices herself to save me, I will have to live with the guilt of letting her die for the rest of my life. I don’t want that.

“I like hearing your conversation, but make sure you follow me. If you try something like running away, well, I don’t have to tell you what would happen, do I?” (Man)

Perhaps thinking we can’t do anything, the man didn’t even turn around.

“You don’t seem to feel that much of a crisis? We may attack from behind, you know.” (Yuna)

“I don’t know about you, but Cereille-sama would never do such a reckless thing for her brother. Even if you tried to attack me, I am sure she would stop you.” (Man)

He says it as if he knows everything about Cereille.

“I might not listen to Cereille.” (Yuna)

“In other words, you don’t care what happens to her brother, do you? Cereille-sama, you should choose your friends properly.” (Man)

The way he said it was annoying.

“You can rest assured that you will not be touched by Yuna.” (Cereille)

“Fufu, Cereille-sama seems to understand the current situation better than that young lady.” (Man)

Sponsored Content
Yeah, I understand what will become of you later better than anyone.

“We won’t attack or run away, but since we are just walking, why don’t you answer my questions?” (Cereille)

“What would that be?” (Man)

“You killed my mother, but why did you do it? Did she do something to you? Did something happen between you and my mother?” (Cereille)