552 - Bear-san, Captures The Evil Merchant

“Now then, untie him.” (Mylene)

When Mylene-san said so, Jade-san untied the man’s rope.

The man stood up, rubbing his arms.

“If only things went well, I would have been entrusted with the management of a store as a merchant.” (Man)

The man who betrayed Redent complained.

“What are you talking about? How could he entrust the store to someone who could be caught red-handed so sloppily? Did you really think this would go on forever? If the banditry continues, both the Adventurers’ Guild and the Commercial Guild will make their moves. Just think about it for a minute, and you will understand.” (Mylene)

Hearing Mylene-san’s words, the man looked around. He looked at the ten adventurers who came out for them, plus three bears.

“And above all, you should’ve realized that the moment when you are not issued a guild card. Without a guild card, citizen card, or other proof of identity, the adventurers might have accidentally killed you for thinking you’re one of the bad guys.” (Mylene)

The man hangs his head at Mylene-san’s words.

“Don’t be depressed. Can you tell me your name first?” (Mylene)

“It’s Miguel.” (Miguel)

“So, Miguel. How did you manage to hand over the stolen goods? Without your guild card, you wouldn’t be able to enter the city, would you?” (Mylene)

“The handover happens outside of Sheleen.” (Miguel)

“Where’s the exact location? And when is the next handover?” (Mylene)

Sponsored Content
“In the forest. The next handover is tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon.” (Miguel)

Tomorrow. Well, there’s no point in keeping the stolen goods forever.

“Who will come to take it?” (Mylene)

“Redent-sama, the person himself. Because only Redent-sama and I know about this.” (Miguel)

“I see. Thank you. And one more thing. Is there any chance that the ones who escaped might have come into contact with Redent?” (Mylene)

“No, I don’t think so.” (Miguel)

“Are there no people trying to make money by selling information about what happened here?” (Mylene)

“Even if there were, they can’t meet Redent-sama easily. Redent-sama is a cautious person. That’s why I’m the only one who knows about this.” (Miguel)

“For now, I might as well stake a lookout at Redent’s shop, just in case. Well, no one would be stupid enough to go to Redent to report this incident unless they are fools.” (Mylene)

I thought that if there were such idiots, I think one or two would have stayed back in the hut.

“But if you’re supposed to meet tomorrow, we’d better hurry.” (Mylene)

Then we discussed how to apprehend the merchant called Redent. But mostly, we just followed Mylene-san’s plan.

We split into four groups.

>The first group would be Mylene-san riding on Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear, heading into the city and me.

Sponsored Content
>The second group would be Blitz’s party, who will come into the city shortly to overwatch the store.

>The third group, Jade-san’s party, would go to the forest where Miguel and Redent are supposed to meet.

>The fourth group, Lurina-san, and Gil, would take the watchman to Crimonia.