OFDH - 8 (Chapter End)

I don't know who all decided to look and witness that awful scene on the tv, but as soon as the acid vat stopped moving, it turned off and returned into the ceiling. I took a glance around and saw people who looked sick, uneasy, traumatized... and then I saw Oj.

"I didn't realize you had the budget to renovate MY hotel," he sneered at Fan, who only gave him a light shrug in response.

"Steve and I are tight- this show idea is a huge money maker apparently! Of course he was willing to spend a bit of cash to make this game run smoothly, I just have to come up with the ideas! All of your executions have been planned out if you decide to run the risk and kill somebody."

Huh. Everybody's, including mine? What would my execution entail? I thought about it, and then realized drowning was most certainly the go to.

I don't think the realization that I watched somebody die in real time had hit me just yet. Amongst the horrific wailing sounds, and people gagging, I noticed Bomb making his way to the elevator, alone. Oj glanced over and took a step forward, but Paper put an arm over his chest.

"He doesn't want you right now," Paper mumbled.

"B-But he needs someone and n-"

"Give him some time, Oj."

I glanced back to the elevator and saw Apple go in as well. I shouldn't stay here- it's far too depressing and gross- so I followed the two and got in the elevator. As the doors closed up, Bomb pressed the button to the rooftop, and Apple and I stayed quiet. He can't... jump... right? Maybe I should stick to him, just to make sure he's ok.

The doors opened up, and the three of us all shuffled out to get to the rooftop, and a bright light came into my vision. It was then I remembered... it's only about eight in the morning. Bomb went to the edge, and thankfully only looked out to the sky, audibly sighing.

Apple approached him first, standing beside him and looking over at him. The two began to talk, but I was too far away to decipher exactly what all they said to each other. I could only see Apple making general gestures with her hands, and Bomb's empty gaze falling to her.

Abruptly, the talking stopped, and Apple seemed shocked by something Bomb had said, but then it changed to pure joy as she gestured to the floor. Bomb sat down soon after, and she took out the green bow that tied her hair together, sitting down as well. I could barely see Bomb's face, but he seemed to have the tiniest smile creeping up his lips as Apple tied his hair with the bow, now rambling to him about...something. The bow seemed a little out of his color scheme, but the two of them seemed pretty happy, so I didn't have to worry anymore.

I went back inside soon after, and was right in Oj's way. For the first time, I saw a worried look in his eyes as he paced back and forth, but once he saw me, the coldness returned within an instant. He came over to me.

"Is Bomb ok? He didn't j-j..." he couldn't seem to even get the word out, his eyes glistening. I quickly shook my head.

"No- Apple is talking to him. I don't think he wants to do anything like that." The sigh of relief that came out of him was almost comically loud, and Oj wiped some sweat off his forehead.

"Thank god. I- I... anyway- Paper had an announcement to make. I don't usually let him do that without checking with me- but... I was so worried- I just let him do whatever."

I tilted my head a little bit, confused. "But- you never let him do anything."

"...Look. He's in the cafeteria, waiting for me to give an update. I'm gonna go with or without you, and I don't want your little comments. Paper and I are none of your business, ok?" After a few moments of us staring at one another, I nodded and let him lead me down the steps. I don't know why he didn't go down the elevator, but I can't complain about exercise!