KEC - 6 (Trial)

Fan tried to speak about rules and basic etiquette, but our discussion had begun before he could even open his mouth, so he stopped and watched with a bit of a sour face.

🎤: I think we can safely tell ourselves this wasn't a tragic tale of suicide. Knife cared about Pickle more than I'll ever know, but he wouldn't do something like that, in that location, and with such a corny ass note!

💣: I- I mean- it alllllso wouldn't make an-ny sense for him to h-have died fffrom thirteen stab w-wounds if- h-he hung himself...

🌊: And we have a witness, right?

💣: We do?

🍎: Baseball! I think- is he here?

⚾️: Yeah, I'm here.

🌊: You got horribly hurt- the same way Knife got killed. Did you see what happened?

⚾️: I... I can't...tell you. I made a promise that I wouldn't speak a word of it to anyone.

🌊: And who told you not to say anything?

⚾️: Knife. He must've thought he'd come out of there alive... he told me to run- I- I couldn't see a thing and it all hurt- I had to!-

🎤: Hey, relax. We're not gonna blame you for that. Knife would definitely go over the top heroic like that... I knew that eagerness to better himself wouldn't end well for him- but so soon?

🍊: Guys- not now. This trial really isn't all that complicated and I would really like to go back to work after this.

🎤: Well then- what do you suppose we talk about?

🍊: If Baseball won't give away the killer, then let's go over the testimonies. The people who were awake at the time of his death and physically capable of murder were Baseball, Balloon, you, Bomb, me, Apple, and Candle. Candle, you never talk... do you even have anything to say?

🕯️: Unfortunately, I don't have much to say about all of this. I am largely uninvolved with the social scene, since most of my close friends are not here... I did not do this, though.

🍊: I know you didn't. Let's talk about how the murder even happened, then. Maybe work our way up to the big event, and see who that would align with?

💣: I- I wwwant- to think that- t-t-the killer was planning on s-sstabbing Baseball to d-death first.

🎈: Back up- your diction makes no sense!

We all kinda stopped and stared at Balloon, and Oj seemed particularly frustrated. "And what's wrong with how he talks?"

Balloon immediately shook his head. "No- I just was trying to sound cool! I- I meant that I think he's wrong! Why did the killer want to kill Baseball of all people?"

"...Does that matter?"

Balloon scoffed, crossing his arms. "Of course it does! Proper reasoning for a target would only make sense- and both victims are pretty hard to defeat! The killer had to have been just as strong!" Everyone went quiet for a few more seconds, until I said something.

"But that's not what Bomb was talking about. He said he thought Baseball was targeted first- not whether there was a reason or some amount of strength."

Balloon looked at me like he thought I was stupid and rolled his eyes. "Ok- well-"

Microphone shut him down pretty quickly. "You're distracting from the trial, asshat. Stick with the fucking program here!"

"...ok- s-sorry ma'am."

💣: Uh- as I was saying... B-Baseball was the intended t-t-target. Knife must've be-been passsssing by though- and heard t-the murder attempt.