Bomb's Testimony

"What d-do you mean?" Bomb's voice was a bit flabbergasted. "I- I thought- you all knew..."

Microphone snatched the card out from between his fingers and glanced at it. She then scoffed. "Ugh- just Oj's old card. They probably took it off Oj's corpse- no traitor evidence yet." I glanced at Bomb, who smiled a tiny bit at Microphone as she handed the card back to him. "Well then Bomb, why would you rob a corpse?"

"T-There- there's multiple r-roooooms with only k-key card access. P-Paper's is ruined, SSSSSSSoap's dissolved in acid, and... well- I- I had to. Keep some level of a-access." He paused briefly, then huffed. "Wait- are we assssssuming I'm the t-traitor now??"

"No!" My response felt weirdly instinctive. "O-Of course not! We just need to have a reasonable suspicion for everyone now, and you had something that could've made this case a lot easier."

"Bomb isn't so stupid he'd hand you the fact he's a traitor," Apple grumbled, eyes locked onto me. She didn't say anything afterward, but then there came some minor anxiety of her staring at me like I'd committed some kind of crime. As if she would've cared if I'd done this to literally anyone else...

Microphone however failed to care about the judgements from Apple, and went to press Bomb further. "Bomb, can you tell me what you were doing when every murder had occurred?"

"...I can try," he drawled, seemingly unsure with his wavering voice. "I- I was with Pickle, passed out. With Kn-Knife, I had been as-s-sleep in bed. Pepper... uh- I think I w-was with you, Microphone. Right?"

"...Right- everyone was sick except us."

"Yeah. Oj? I w-was waiting for him at the n-nnnurses' thing. Or- medbay? W-What do we even call that?- I- regardless, at t-the time he died, I was t-th-thinking he'd gone to the b-bathroom. So... I f-fell asleep in the cot thingy." His face grew particularly sour recalling the Oj bit, and when Microphone cleared her throat, Bomb's only response had been a sniffle.

"Bomb, there's one more murder. Where were you?"

"B-Bleeding out," Bomb murmured. "I was m-m-mmmaking dinner, and she- s-she came up from behind me. I- I didn't realize. All I knew w-was it hurt, and the knife had dug in-t-to me. It was warm and u-uncomfortable. I didn't even f-fffffight back. I j-just hoped she would stop. And- And she did. I wasn't s-screaming enough, or- something."

Tension soon seeped into the room, with Microphone's angry glare as she had to reminisce about Candle, and Apple's horrified face. Bomb had attempted to finish the story, the part where he got Apple away from death, but he choked on his own tears before he could get another word out. Nobody had any idea what to even say to his stabbing story, except for someone behind us.

"Holy shit." Real sensitive of Trophy to say that, or to show up out of nowhere with only that story to give him context to what we were trying to do. He put a hand in his pocket and walked over to us. "And you still somehow pulled a grown woman over a building ledge?? You rock!"

Bomb stared at him, eyes wide and dribbling a few tears. "...I rock?"

"I mean- I don't think saving a life like that would make you SUCK. Do you?"

"No- b-but thank you."

"Yeah man. I mean- if you hadn't done what you did I don't think we would've even solved it. Cause... Apple would be dead. She kinda filled Oj's detective shoes." Trophy pointed his thumb back toward Apple, who dramatically posed.

"Wait," Apple stopped posing, "why are you being so nice...?"

"I calmed down a little."

"But- you're NEVER nice! I'm calling for an investigation on Trophy right this instant!!"