All Good Things - 1

Chapter 6
Status: Beginning

Chapter 6Status: Beginning

The killing was over. The five of us had essentially won, and yet I didn't feel quite as victorious as I had been trying to tell myself. Not just yet, anyway. I didn't know when I'd feel like I'd won, but I kinda hoped it was soon.

After our fun little moment in the basement, the three of us had gone our separate ways, back up the elevator to go to our rooms, but I wanted to go outside and clear my head with some fresh air real fast.

God forbid I do anything though, because I noticed Microphone in the lobby. She seemed so excited talking to what looked like a wall, so I watched as I tried to see if Trophy was just hidden behind her or something.

"And I mean- she's been blackmailing me since forever! She took out her anger on me, I felt like I was never allowed to leave my room without her explicit permission. Now that she's gone though, I'm just so... free! I feel like I can be a fucking person again!"

The longer I tried to make out what she could've been talking to, the sooner I realized that she really was by herself... She was talking to Knife's photo on the wall.

"I mean- maybe I needed a bit of help to get out of it, but I'm making progress! Pretty soon I'm gonna be super independent and strong!" Silence abruptly filled the air after that exclamation, and she took off her jacket to put up on the coat hanger next to the door. "I just wish you guys were here to see it. Not that it would've ever happened if you were still here. I... I thought I had everything under control. And then Pickle- well it's not like multiple people weren't right there when it happened. But- maybe if I had just been better and not laughed in Soap's face."

"Maybe if I had just- not taken either of you for granted, you could've been here with me." She approached the pictures again, taking Knife's off the wall to hug. "I- I know it's not my fault. I made dumb mistakes- but I wasn't the one who killed him. Yet every time I see you I just can't help but think I'm the reason you ended up so miserable. I helped ruin everything for you. I know that's not true, but it haunts me. And the others don't trust me anymore- I don't blame them. I mean..." There was a light scoff, clearly holding back tears as her hold on the picture only got tighter.

"I'm talking to a picture. They probably shouldn't trust me- I'm kinda crazy." She laughed, but the second she hung the picture back up, she sat down on the couch and sighed heavily. The few tears that did silently fall down her face didn't get far with her wiping them away. It had been a while since I talked to her by herself...if that party from forever ago could even count as that. I felt weird walking in now, but seeing her all alone made me realize just how far off her and Trophy were from me, Apple, and Bomb.

I walked in when she seemed to not be crying as much, making my presence known with an awkward little tap of my...nub... against the wall. Instantly the tears went away, and Microphone put on her usual, casual attitude as I sat down beside her.