Chapter 4: Partnerships

Cyrus's POV:

"Vinnie what's this about?" Someone asks.

"I want you all to be on your guard from now on," Vinnie replies. I scrunched up my face.

"That's all you had to say? This could've been a text," I mutter. He glared at me. Mom stood in between us. His face softened up and smiled.

"That's not all Cyrus. There's a mafia gang in Lucky Springs. And though it's been here for years, the leader is getting kind of antsy," Vinnie says.

"What mafia gang?" Mom questions.

"Let me explain," Vinnie answers. He walked over to her and she tensed up. I casually moved in between them. No fucking way Vinnie. Back the hell up.

"I'm so nervous," Someone whispers.

"You ought to be. This mafia gang is dangerous. You guys should know this: this mafia gang and I have been enemies since they're arrival in Lucky Springs. The opposing mafia gang is called the BloodBath Mafia," Vinnie began.

"Whoa. A mafia gang?! So cool," Alex says.

Vinnie frowned. "But that mafia gang has been antsy lately. I've been seeing more & more members out and about. And by that, I mean I'm seeing a lot of different groups of people entering places," Vinnie explains.

And yawn. "Okay and?" I say.

"And I don't know what their leader is up to. Now I know he or she hasn't shown their face yet or been in public but I have intel that suggests they're possibly sending their kid to some private elite school called Nightshade Academy," Vinnie continues.

"Nightshade Academy?" Someone repeats.

"I know where that is. It's this super exclusive and elite private school. The only way in is either scholarship or the principal gets you in because of your grades," Alex notes.

"Great. I spoke with the Magic Council and they want to help to spy on this mafia. My enemy also sent an informant to Nightshade Academy. Unfortunately, I don't know who the informant is," He says. He looked around. "It could be any one of you for all I know," He adds.

Everyone began to look around at each other. "What else Vinnie?" Alex asks.

"I want to take his gang down once and for all. They have their kid going to school at Nightshade Academy. Now all the kids head to the left of the room. MY left," Vinnie says. We all did as we were told. "I want you kids to find that informant. Get them to spill their guts about the BloodBath mafia gang and then take them out," He says.

"The thing is Vinnie...we all already go to Nightshade Academy. School started back two weeks ago. By the way, it's now called United Academy. They changed the name at the beginning of Summer," I note.

He stared at me before sighing. "Thanks for the info Cyrus," He mutters, irritably.

"Now what does this informant look like?" Someone questions. I looked at Vinnie, expecting a good answer.

"That's the thing. I don't know. My enemy is just like me, careful not to use a single informant. He has numerous of them but there's always one he goes to often. But I don't know which one it is. But I do know he sent his most used informant to 'United Academy'," He says, sneering the name.