Chapter 12: Mate

Cyrus's POV:

After my small meeting with Vinnie, my Mom cussed me out. She was so pissed off at me for going with Vinnie to God knows where all by myself.

She doesn't trust Vinnie to be alone with me, especially when she's not there. I had to calm her down and tell her I was completely fine.

She and Drew grilled me on what Vinnie wanted from me but I knew I couldn't tell them....at least, not yet. Instead, I lied and said he has a big plan for me.

It technically wasn't a lie because he does have a big plan for me but I can't say anything to them just yet. I need more time. Morning came and I quickly got ready for the day.

I walked into the kitchen and found Drew making us breakfast. I sat down at the table behind Drew and waited. I barely ate my breakfast. My mind was on what Vinnie told me.

Speaking of which, he sent all kids a text to go to Silver Essence. Once we arrived, he gave us a rundown of what to do once we get to United Academy.

He said we were taking too long but we had to remind him that there's over five thousand students at United Academy. Of course it's gonna take us a while to sniff out the real informant.

We all rode in a limo on the way to the school. "Now kids, remember: find the informant; spill their guts; then kill them. Don't draw attention to yourselves. We don't need any outsiders in our business," Vinnie explains.

We all nodded. We pulled up to United Academy. Not gonna lie, riding in a limo made me feel a celebrity. We pulled up and got out.

So many people stared at us as we entered the building. Once we entered the cafeteria, Drew pulled me to the side. "Man what's up with you?" He questions.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Don't play dumb Cyrus. You've been nervous all morning and in the limo. What happened with you and Vinnie yesterday?" He questions.

I sighed as I pulled him away from everyone else. "Okay but you CANNOT tell anyone else this, especially our Moms," I say. He nodded.

I looked around and took him to the hallway just to be sure. It was completely empty. For once it's empty. "What is it?" Drew asks.

"Vinnie wants to take down the Magic Council," I whisper.

"WHAT?!" He exclaims loudly, drawing attention from passerby students, exiting classrooms. I hit him on his head and glared at him.

"DUMBASS!" I hiss.

"Sorry! The Magic Council? Why?" He says.

"He wants to find the Galaxy Orb first. And he wants to take down anyone who gets in his way. He's tryna form a powerful team of magical beings, loyal enough to go against the Magic Council," I explain.

He stared at me. "This is big," He says.

"Too big. Even I don't think I'm up for it," I say. He blew a breath.

"Why didn't he ask me? I mean I know I wouldn't go against the Magic Council, the most powerful magical beings, but still?" He says.