Chapter 23: Wonders

Storm's POV:

"You sure you have to leave?" I ask, sadly. I loaded Bailey's last suitcase into the trunk. She slammed it shut before looking at me. She smiled at me.

"Yes, I have to leave. My Dads want us to spend some time away from Lucky Springs. Don't worry, I'll be back," She says. I smiled sadly. It's best we both got away from our home life.

Everyone was sent home by the Principal Garcia. Some kids pulled a prank on the cafeteria staff but the prank went wrong and now the school has a gas leak.

We can only attend school online for now until the school has been fumigated and Principal Garcia gives the 'ok' to go back to school.

Dad has been more than pleased to have me back home. Apparently I've missed a lot of meetings he's had with vendors.

Brooklyn has been going but since I'm here now, Dad's giving her a break. I was snapped out of my head when Bailey hugged me. I hugged her tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Bailey," I whisper. She squeezed me.

"I'll be back as soon as I can. Just try to stay out of trouble. At least wait til I'm back in town. After that last fight with Brittany and her jumpahoe friends, I'm a little worried about you," Bailey replies.

"I'll be fine. I can handle being jumped. And Brooklyn stopped being friends with Brittany, thank God. I really hated her," I say. She smiled.

"Ready Bailey?" Someone asks. It was one of Bailey's Dads, Roger. Bailey nodded before getting in the car. She closed the door before looking up at me smiling.

"I'll call you when I get to my hotel room, Storm," Bailey says. I waved as the car drove away. I watched as it disappeared over the horizon.

I sighed deeply before getting in my car. I drove back all the way back home. I pulled inside the gates and parked my car. I dragged myself up to the front door.

"Bad day Storm?" Someone says.

I turned to see my Dad standing by his truck. "Bailey is going out of town for awhile and now I'm sad. I don't know when she'll be back," I reply.

"You've got other friends, correct?" He states.

"Yeah but not they're not close like me and Bailey," I note.

"Well now's a chance to make that happen," He says.

"Well I can probably call Lucille and see if she can take Bailey's place just until Bailey gets back," I mutter.

"Before you do that, come with me. I want you to come with me to one of my meetings," He says. I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, I really don't want to. I don't have the energy. Bailey just left me. Can you give me some time to recuperate?" I ask.

"Get in the truck Storm," He demands. I sighed loudly before walking over and hopping in the truck.

"Brooklyn doesn't have to go?" I ask.

"Brooklyn is still reeling from the fact that her sister and ex best friend fought in the parking lot of the mall," He states, eyeing me. I rolled my eyes.