Chapter 43: Don't Underestimate Me

Storm's POV:

"So what do you say Storm? We in business baby?" The man asks, eyeing me from across the table. I was at a meeting. Dad decided it was time for me and Brooklyn to do meetings without him present.

He's on standby in case things go south but he wants us to learn how to make our own decisions. He knows I'm a UniHybrid and that I can take care of myself.

But he doesn't want me to use my powers or expose the magic secret. I let out a deep sigh before responding. "I don't know man. I don't know if I like what I see," I reply.

"What's not to like? You get more protection for you and your sister. More men for your mafia gang, plus bags of all the weed and coke you can do. And in return, I get to be in business with the infamous and elusive mafia boss, Lorenzo," He replies.

I scoffed. I casually turned my head and saw my Dad staring at me, gun in hand. His guards were standing behind him. I looked back at the man.

"How do I know I can trust you not to put a knife in my Dad's back the moment you get the chance?" I ask. He chuckles.

"Storm, I do business. Business makes me money. I love money....don't you? Besides, almost every mafia boss in Ireland has been trying to become best friends with Lorenzo for years. And now that I have a chance to meet him, I'm not gonna sabotage my chances of doubling, maybe even tripling what I make in a month," He explains.

"That didn't exactly answer my question," I reply.

"You have my word, Storm," He says. I looked down at the plans the man set in front of me. The money, the drugs, the security guards....it was all too good to be true.

I slowly looked up at the man. He smiled at me. Think Storm. Your decision can get you killed or get Dad killed. I examined the man carefully and spotted something.

I saw a wire string hanging out of his shirt. I followed the trail and spotted a tiny mic planted on the collar of his shirt. I reached down for my gun. DONT! He's wearing a wire.

And firing your gun and surely start a war that will result in Dad getting killed. Try a different strategy. I clasped my hands together.

"Look....honestly I don't care about the fact that you're using me to get to my Dad," I say.

"What?" He asks.

"You're meeting with me in hopes my Dad will see you as a potential vendor or partner and maybe, in the future, as a friend. Newsflash, my Dad doesn't make friends like that. If you have charisma and share his interests, then he considers you a potential candidate to be his friend," I explain.

"So what do I have to do to make Lorenzo like me?" He asks. A grown ass man wants another man to like him? What is this, elementary school?

"He doesn't like fake people, so you asking me for his interests just so you can go and fake them will surely turn him off. But I will say this....he has a keen interest in people who are friends with people who know Vinnie," I reply.

He stared at me. What are you doing? Just watch. "Vinnie? Vinnie Ronzalles?" He says. I nodded. So that's Vinnie's last name.