Chapter 7: Strange

Storm's POV:

I sigh as I walked into the house and immediately headed for the stairs. After going back-to-school shopping, I was exhausted.

Being on my feet, walking around different aisles looking for school supplies. Dad was dead set on me going to this school: Nightshade Academy.

So he made me go out and get school supplies all morning. I was tired. I just wanted to stay in my room and lay down.

I opened the door to my room to find Brooklyn sitting on my bed. "Storm? There you are! I've been looking for you!" She says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"What dress do you think I should buy? My next photoshoot is next week and I don't have a dress!! I'm stressed out! Which one should I buy?!" She cries.

I stared at her. "Are you serious right now?" I say.

"Which one?!" She says, impatiently.

"The red one," I say. She grinned and hugged me.

"Thanks!" She squeals. She jumped up and down in delight.

"Girls, come down here for a sec!" Dad calls. Me and Brooklyn headed downstairs to the front door. And who do I see standing in the doorway?

A couple and Bailey. The hell is she doing here? I watched as she entered the house and began looking around the house. Then her eyes landed on me.

I held her eyes as I walked over to my Dad. Bailey slowly smirked as she put her hands in her pockets. Oh she thinks it's funny.

"Dad, who is this?" Brooklyn asks.

"This is Cassie & Dylan. Dylan is an old friend of mine. We use to play softball together in high school. And this is their daughter Bailey," Dad explains.

"Well actually, I'm Dylan's friend and Bailey's surrogate mother," Cassie corrects.

"Yeah, my fiancé Roger and I wanted a baby so I called my closest friend to do it. However she does take care of Bailey whenever Bailey needs her. Roger unfortunately isn't here, as he's away on business," Dylan adds.

"Oh. Okay!" Brooklyn says. She looked at Bailey, who was still looking at me.

"Well I know who she is," I note, staring at Bailey.

"Oh you know her? Great. This'll be easier. Take her upstairs so you girls can get to know her better," Dad says.

"Storm can you do it? I got famous model stuff going on." Brooklyn says, before she ran upstairs to her room. Imma choke you out one day Brooklyn.

I reluctantly took Bailey up to my room. She just stood at the door while looking around. "I can tell you haven't lived here long," She notes.

"No I haven't. My Dad and I are just trying to rebuild our relationship," I reply.

"Daddy and Mommy issues?" She guesses. I glared at her. "I thought so," She says. It got quiet after that. It got awkward real fast so I just looked around my room and began moving things.