Chapter 10: Vinnie

Cyrus's POV:

I opened my locker and stuffed my books inside. I sniffed the air to smell roses. Lucille. I turned my head to see her walking down the hall.

She had her head in her books. Her student council ID badge swaying left to right with every step she took. I closed my locker and approached her.

Lucille was so caught up in her book that she walked right into me. "Oh! I'm so sorry!!" She exclaims. Once she looked up and saw it was me, her whole demeanor changed.

"Hey. Doing student council stuff?" I ask, sheepishly.

"Yeah." She replies harshly, as she walked around me.

"Lucille can I talk to you?" I ask. I reached out to grab her hand but she pulled away harshly.

"Piss off Cyrus! I'm not in the mood!" Lucille yells. I felt bad. I grabbed her hands and held them. She sniffled.

"Look, about the other night....I'm sorry. I just....I don't like mutants. I told you my brother got attacked by a mutant and...why don't you hate them?" I ask.

She sighed. "I do. I was just hung up on my ex who's a mutant," She replies. She dated a mutant?

"Who's your ex?" I question.

"You probably don't know him. His name is Cain, he's also part of the student council and school committee," She explains. I rolled my eyes.

Of course his ass dated her. "I think I know him," I say, quietly.

"You do?" She asks. I nodded.

"Barely though. We don't know each other that well," I note. Lucille looked up at me with her brown eyes.

I smiled at her as I cupped her cheek. I was about to kiss her but was interrupted when we heard a giggle. I turned my head to see Drew flirting with a blonde girl.

God he's quick. Lucky. I turned back to look at Lucille. She was staring down at her student council book. "Need any help?" I ask. She shook her head.

"No. I got it. I'm just stressed out, especially from last Friday," She replies.

"Why? What happened last Friday?" I ask, curiously.

"This new chick. She ran into me and didn't apologize. She embarrassed me in front of everyone. The thing is....I'm not mad at her. To be honest, she's the first person to ever stand up to me like that," She rants.

"Who is she?" I question.

"I went over her folder and apparently, she's new in town. Storm Starlight. And before you say anything, yes. That is her real name. She's also American, which is another reason why I'm not mad at her. I've always wanted to travel to America," She explains.

"Whoa. An American is here?!" I exclaim. That is so cool! I looked down at Lucille.

"Yes, we actually have a foreigner in school. I actually want to talk to her. I've been searching for her name on the school's tablet and I'm trying to figure out where her next class is." She says, as she stared down at tablet.