Chapter 33: Powerless

Storm's POV:

I glared at Cyrus from across the room. I told Cain what he told me. He and I were pissed off at Cyrus for tricking us. He was so goddamn petty.

But I must admit, it was pretty clever. I didn't speak to GiGi much either but she didn't mind. Eventually I started talking to her again because I missed her.

But I stayed away from Cyrus. The only reason I was with him today is because we had to get together for our End-Of-The-Year project.

We all had our files and stuff ready. We just needed to create posters and do our essays. I looked over at Cain as he typed on the computer for his essay.

Bailey was doing hers. Drew and Lucille were doing the posters. Since GiGi wasn't in our group, she had to observe us. My Dad and his guards stood by to make sure I was safe from Vinnie.

We were currently in the computer lab at United Academy. I was a little worried about my Dad being here, considering he's a human and this school is meant for supernatural beings.

Principal Garcia assured that we'd have the school to ourselves. But I wasn't worried about anyone else. I was worried about Cain and Cyrus.

One wrong glance and they'd started fighting. "Storm, you okay?" Dad asks, placing his hand on my shoulder. That grabbed everyone's attention.

"I don't feel well," I say.

"I'll take her to the bathroom." Bailey offers, wrapping her arm around me. We stepped out into the halls with my guards in tow.

Before we headed inside the women's bathroom, a guard scooped out the place before giving us the all clear. "Bailey, I'm so nervous dude," I say.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" She asks. I glared at her.

"No, I'm not pregnant. I'm still taking my birth control and I do NOT want kids, remember? Besides, I'm on my period right now," I reply.

"Then why you bugging?" She questions.

"I'm worried that Cain and Cyrus are gonna fight in front of my Dad," I reply. She stared at me.

"And you thought it was a good idea to leave them alone with him?" She asks.

"The tension in the room was too much. I honestly felt like I was gonna throw up," I say.

"I didn't want to tell you Storm. I get that you're mad at Cyrus for tricking you but you have been ducking & dodging him and being hella petty towards him. But when the tables turn, you don't like it," She retorts.

"Who side are you on?!" I exclaim.

"Yours but stop being a bitch," She says. She pulled me out the door and back down to the computer lab. We walked in and it was still quiet in the room.

"Feeling better Storm?" Dad asks.

"Eh. Somewhat." I reply, before sitting down. GiGi shook her head in confusion. I waved her off. I helped Drew and Lucille with the posters before typing my essay.

Then my Dad's phone rung. "Jasmine, hey. I've been meaning to talk to you," He says. He stepped out into the hall. Thanks to my super hearing, I could still hear him. "No no. I had a great time last night. But listen....Yes...Jasmine, I wanna break up," He says. What? "Jasmine, I'm sorry but I have to focus on Storm and Brooklyn. With Vinnie running around and this new deal with Marcelo....I understand Nyla needs more attention than me but that's not why I'm breaking up with you.....yes, I know she's just a kid but that's not why....Jasmine....look, I have to focus on my girls and my business or else, both will be six feet under," He says.