Chapter 20: Break

Cyrus's POV:

I put my fist to my temple and stared into space. I was so bored. I had nothing to do. It's Thanksgiving, so everyone got to go home with their families.

I was all alone. Drew is away spending time with his grandparents; Lucille is out of town shopping with her Mom.

Ethan is busy with Marcelo training him. I had no one to talk to. I looked around the barbershop as I waited to get my haircut. Ugggh. I'm so bored.

I let out a deep sigh as I pulled out my phone. I went on Instagram, Facebook, and finally TikTok. I closed my eyes as I leaned my head back against the wall.

I never realized how lonely I am. I need new friends. "Yo bruh! You ready?" Someone says. I opened my eyes to see a barber motioning me over.

I stood up and walked over towards him at the same time as another man did. We looked at each other awkwardly. I looked back at the barber. "Were you talking to me or him?" I ask, sheepishly.

He stared at me before he slowly pointed towards the man. "Him," He answers. Yeeesh. That's embarrassing. Shut up. I walked over to sit back down.

"Yo kid! I'll take ya," Another barber offers. I quickly shuffled over to him and sat down in his chair. He draped the cape over me before tying it around my neck.

It was a few minutes before I got bored again and pulled out my phone. I feel so awkward. Why? I honestly thought the barber was talking to me.

Don't let it get to you. It's the barber's fault. He wasn't clear on who he was talking to. Plus he's kind of staring at you.

Out the corner of my eye, I could see the man looking at me. But when I turned to look at him, he was looking at his phone.

I stared at him. What is it? Why do I feel like I've seen him? Cyrus, we've seen a lot of men and killed majority of them.

No, I know. But he looks so familiar. The man turned around and began speaking Irish to the barber. Okay, he's native. Still, I've seen him somewhere.

Where exactly? I can't remember. I sat in the chair and got my haircut. Once it was over, I decided to wait for the man. I headed for the bathroom and waited.

Unfortunately for me, my target that I was gonna take out walked in. I made sure to keep my head down as he did his business next to me.

It was pretty awkward. Dude, you haven't peed a single drop. I'm too uncomfortable. The man took noticed & began staring at me. Fuck. He noticed too.

I slowly looked over at him. "Is there a problem?" I say. His eyes widened as he stumbled backwards.

"Cyrus! Vinnie is never gonna get me!!" He cries. He quickly ran out the door. I rolled my eyes as I zipped my pants and ran out after him.

We ran through the barbershop and out the door. I chased him down the road. He got into a car and tried to drive away. I punched through the window, shattering the glass.