Chapter 2: Identity Unravelled

Morning came...

We sat at a table that could accommodate the five of us. We also bought our snacks to eat. Aside from us, some students were also here and a few of the cafeteria's personnel and staff.

The cafeteria is so wide which I think can accommodate an average of three hundred and above students and I knew that this is not the only cafeteria of Luxvell High.

The cafeteria is elegantly designed by staff in silver color designs, the silver emblem is eye-catching as well which is designed on the walls.

The front wall and the door are made up of fiberglass, enabling the students outside the cafeteria to see us inside here. That made me feel a bit uneasy.

I was sipping on my grape juice while my friends were busy checking and reading the student handbook. I sighed and chose to join them in their conversation.

"Girls and Boys Dormitory are separated. Both are in the same area. Here, near the cafeteria, eastern part. The gymnasium at the southern, other buildings at the northern, and all of the classroom buildings at the western part.  This school is very wide and huge, tsk" Gian said in disbelief.

"You didn't notice while we were strolling around the school grounds yesterday?" Reinne asked in so much disbelief, too, while moving closer to them, pulling her seat towards them.

"How can they notice it? Instead of listening, these two kept on joking and teasing around while we were strolling," said Chelsea and they started laughing about it.

I was just listening to them and we were in the cafeteria for almost an hour before a lot of students came inside the cafe as well. 

It was already morning and we decided to have breakfast together. Having a delicious meal with friends is good.

Slowly the cafeteria was occupied by the students and it really can't help but notice that their eyes were on us, on our side. 

Maybe because we were the new faces that they see, well, aside from Reinne who I guess is studying here since her junior years.

I just finished drinking my grape juice and started craving for another one. 

I went to the counter and ordered another one. As I turned and started making my way back to our table, someone just bumped me on my shoulder which caused my newly bought grape juice to spill on my clean uniform.

"Oops, sorry, yar' bad. You better look where you’re going, Miss."

I narrowed my eyes on a girl with a barbie face in front of me. She had some acquaintances behind her. What's this? Barbie and friends? 

She also had a  British accent. I need some wataah, my goodness...

"We have a wide area here, why are you even blocking the way?" 

I said that and raised my brow at her like nothing bad had happened to my precious uniform.

"What? Are you talking to me?" Now her pitched voice echoed, and she pointed at herself like she didn't bump me on purpose.

"Can't you state the obvious here? Try searching it on the internet, you might have a good answer from it," I said, starting to get sarcastic. 

I noticed, too, that the students become quiet. What's up? I guess they want a show here.

"Look here ya' newbie, no one dares to talk to me in such a manner. Know your place here." She's now fuming in anger but I don't care.

"I know my place. I’m here inside the cafeteria... standing in front of you," I emphasize every word, highlighting it so she can get every detail.