Chapter 36: Daybreak

MY brother was shocked when I grabbed his arm after I rushed towards them.

“What Mafia Game?” I asked.

“R-rei, what are you doing here?” My brother asked surprised.

I'm trembling while gripping his arm tighter and waiting for his answer.

I hadn't received a reply that's why I gawked at Caliber who's shocked as well.

The girl who's with them didn't faced me and turn away.

I transfixed my eyes to my brother again when he removed my gripped on him.

“Rei, don't barge in my work...” He coldly say.

“Tell me what's going on! I overheard it!” I exclaimed.

“Shut up!”

I stiffened when he shouted at me. He's glaring and look so furious.

“If I tell you, can you do something about it, huh?! Notorious people from this society heads that game!” He madly explained.

“But I heard it! My friends will be in danger!” I shouted back.

“Stop minding them! Think of yourself!” 

I can't believe he will say that.

He stiffened after realizing what he just said.

“I didn't mean that Rei---”

“So what do you mean by that, brother?”

I stare at him coldly and resist as he tried to hold me.

“How could you say those awful words. Are they nothing to you?” I said.

“I'm just doing my job Rei, also, I need to keep you safe!”

I shook my head in disbelief.

“Rei, listen---”

“How could you be so selfish...” I started moving away from him.

“Its not like that! I'm just thinking of your safety!”

“D*mn it! I can't afford to lose them! I didn't take it when Sam died and Reinne disappeared! Then now? You'll let me suffer again with that feeling?! You're so awful!”

My tears started to fell. He weakly gazed at me, like everything were just sinking on his mind just now.

I noticed the girl who's with them walked away from us. Caliber remained silent too. If they're just like this, I musn't hoped a lot.

“If you won't do anything about it then ill do it myself...” I said head back to my car. I need to warn everyone. Gregory must know this.

“Rei, listen to me...”

“I'll do anything to help them...”

I was surprised when two guys out of nowhere showed up and grabbed both my arms. What the f*ck!

“What's the meaning of this?!”

I resisted but their grip was tight.

“Don't let her go...” My brother ordered them.

“Spade...” Caliber tried to stop my brother.

I'm confused why he's calling my brother as Spade. I can't understand any of this!

Out of rage, I used all my strength to resist and kick the two guys on their crouch.

Both of them curled in pain and let go of my arms. I quickly moved and elbowed their stomach.