Chapter 35: Going Back

HE'S now burning his paper. I was gawking at his back and everyone too. He's just standing in front of the bonfire, waiting for the paper to be totally burnt.

With his broad shoulders, even with it, still, he can't carry on the burden laid upon it.

Everyone started applauding when he returned on his group.

After that, Blake instructed everyone to form in line to burn our papers as well.

I wish that my hopes and concerns here will be granted.

“I hope to have a girlfriend soon...” I heard someone spoke behind me.

I gawked at him as our line is forming towards the bonfire. It's Christopher talking to Jeth and Ervene as they proceed to line up. So, he's still into it until now...

“So, it's a good timing now...” Jeth replied and laughed.

“Im just kidding. I just hope that my parents will recognize my doings and won't blame me of things I ain't did...” He said.

“Well, I hope I could catch up to all of you. I just feel like I'm the last in out class to develop...”

I was just listening on their conversation while we're striding in line. I always eavesdropping.

“You can. Trust yourself...” Christopher replied.

“How about you Ervene?” Jeth asked.

I had a glimpse on them again and looked at Ervene who's looking back at me. What's with him?

He's gaze went off like nothing happened. Arrogantness...

“I hope I can sleep already...” That's what he answered. Is he joking?

I shook my head in disbelief and followed my friends walking ahead.

When I reached the bonfire, it's heat instantly welcomed me. Before I close my eyes, I uttered the words written on my paper and threw it, letting it rapidly burnt into ashes.

I looked up and watched the smoke lifting in space. It might bring the message from the heavens above. I smiled and get amazed at the stars shining above.

Christmas is near. I can shortly tell as the stars always filled the night sky as it got nearer.

Also, I could see the white mist that might be a portion of a galaxy. It's really amazing.

“Athen! Let's go!” Chelsea called. I realized that everyone is already heading inside the gymnasium.

I hurriedly walk to catch up. My leg is still hurting a little but I can already manage alone. Not severe like I will die, its too far in my entrails.

We arrived and the loud party sounds welcomed us. Majority were already in the center and dancing to the beat of music.

“Athena! We're going to sing on stage!” Chelsea shrieked beside me and shook me.

My ears hurt as she shrieked right on my ear. I instantly covered my ears that made her pouted.

“I don't have any practice! It's too sudden! Seive mustve told me sooner!” She complained.

I chuckled while watching her stamping her feet as she head towards the backstage.

“What happened to her?” Gian asked and sat beside me.

“Their band will sing tonight...” I replied and cackled.

“She can manage anyway, what's with the tantrums?” Gian replied and chuckled too.