Chapter 47: Elude

Forter's POV:

They're already inside the headquarters building.

I know that Lecero didnt expext that everything will turn out like this. He must be trembling, who wouldnt be? Afterall, he's afraid to Gregory Ash Don-Luxvell.

I'm already here on the ground while gazing at the big building. The monsters of that Berserk drug were all annihilated.

Those men were his subordinates. They're been drugged excessively after got deceived on what its true effect on them.

As of now, I don't know if they made it inside. The think perilous gas might kill them before they reach the safe ground in the game.

Too much exposure to toxic gas will damage their cells on the brain, however, the possibility that they'll make it is high.

“Forter...” I looked at Spade as he called.

He's with C45 and Riego, going near while carrying someone that might survive death.

“Is everything cleared now?” I asked as they arrived.

“Yeah, everyone of them were positively drugged by that Berserk drug. I don't know what's up there above now. I hope my sister made it...” Spade said, I mean Acer.

I shrugged and look at the other one that I saved from possible death. So we have two survivors in this hellish game.

“Where's Reinne?” C45 or should I call Caliber, asked on me.

“She's inside the HQ building, I wonder what take her so long inside...” I replied then yawns.

“We need to get out of here alredy. Even though we're wearing these protective suits, we can't guarantee our safety from that poison...” Riego said. It's indeed.

I carried one of the game's survivor and the other was carried by Riego, that person was hurt a lot, too bad.

I halt when I heard a loud gunshots inside the building. I'm curious, yet, I know that it's part of what i have thought.

“Hmm, this is interesting. Gregory was nailing it...” Caliber murmured while he's in his gadget.

Ohh, I nearly forgot.

He still have an access to the cameras used for the game, and I think he's messing with it until this time. So, that's how good he is at hacking.

I saw Reinne come out of the headquarters. Shes striding slowly while carrying someone her back.

I squinted my eyes to see who is it.

“Let's go. They need an aid as quickly as possible...” Reinne said. She's worrying.

I smirked. I hadn't witnessed the happenings. It's quite interesting, and quite a relief.

She went ahead and now we moved to exit inthat only us knew. We're done of our mission here, it's all cleared. I wonder what about inside?

--------------------
Terrence's POV:

I'm forcing myself to exert my remaining strength to stop them from attacking those inside the elevator.

Our group were totally exhausted. Some can't fight any longer and trying to rest inside. Our deep wounds and this toxic gas made it impossible for us to move aggressively to fight.

“That b*astard! He really want us dead. Such a coward m*therf*cker!” Raven keep on cursing harshly. Cendrick was with him as well, stopping the elevator door to close.

A minute remains. The elevator door was forced to be closed by the system controlled by the upper ground, which is handled by that traitor.

I looked back at Gregory who's  gripping Athena's hand. I need to hurry.