Chapter 25: Night in his Mansion

“Gradual killing of preys is my thing. Why would I kill you instantly? You deserve this Cabreo, so carry the privilege...” He proceeded.

“K-kill me... p-please, just kill me...” The guy begged.

Gregory shoot him again on his legs and feet. He added another bullets on his deep wounds at his limbs. Then on his belly and neck. I could hear how it scatter and the partly vivid surroundings showed how that scarlet liquid stained the ground.

“Finale...” He aimed the mouth of his gun on Brix's forehead. He's not breathing anymore, with the shots he got its impossible to survive...

I hurriedly crawl behind and pulled his tuxedo. I only just realized that he's wearing one as well...

“P-please, stop it already...” I uttered while shivering...

He looked back at me. Not a single emotion can be seen. His gun still aimed on lifeless Brix...

“P-please stop... I-i don't want any of this a-anymore...” I cant hold my tears back anymore and cried for the guy's awful death. I can't take it as I saw his horrible condition.

I'm staring at him. Sobbing and hoping he will stop. I feel dizzy as well, perhaps because of the wounds I got.

His emotionless face softened. His eyes seem to blink like he realized something. Gregory instantly hid the weapon at his tuxedo.

The moonlight faded and then the heavy rain started pouring above us. It's vividness disappeared as the scarlet liquid from the guy's corpse combined with it. The water scattered and the smell of blood was scent all over the place.

Gregory squatted and held me on a bridal manner. He carried me and walked like nothing happened.

I silently lean on his shoulder and feel the rainfall that soaks us. It washes all the worries, because he is here, I feel secured.

I hadn't noticed that we're out of that Labyrinth Garden. I opened my eyes only seeing the bright luminous from the Casino Hotel.

I can feel more the heavy rainfall. Still held by his warm arms as he stood on a place concealed from anyone. It must be cold, but I only feel his warmth that sends comfort in me.

I looked up at him. He's really soaked as well but he didn't mind at all. I checked his features in memorized every detail of his face before wanting to rest...

I feel him move, I blinked as I was get off guard, noticing that he's already staring at me.

His menacing look before was already gone, it's different unlike what I've seen earlier. I received a gentle stare this time, not the one which I always received from him as we first met.

“Can you fix my earpad for me?”

His voice is gentle too and all I could do is nod.

I carefully move my hand and brushed gently his raven hair. Now, his ears were both exposed to me and I fixed his earpad and wear it on properly on him...

“Thanks you...” Then he genuinely smiled.

My heart skipped a beat. I wanna see that smile again, it's just a quick one. His expression changes immediately and he became serious again.

“What happened?” He suddenly asked.

I was about to answer that when he looked at me again and gestured to be silent. It's embarrassing...

“I see, what's with the commotion?” He was talking while staring at me now.

“Tell everyone to leave safely without being caught, those informations are enough... report to me when you already left, Blake...”