Chapter 23: Blackmail

'Let's meet, if you still treasure your friend's life. That tab will make you decide, once you didn't show up, he will die...'

That's the sentences that kept on rewinding in my head. I'm trembling out of too much rage and fear...

I ended up skipping the class as I'm fixated on the piece of paper, tablet, and an invitation which were the content of the black box. I don't have any idea on what's the invitation for but I know the address written in the request. Maybe they're having an event there and this assh*le will meet me there.

I went out of the school building and sneaked to search for place hidden to check further on what's in the tablet this time. I preferred the bench near the vast school field and nervously turn the tablet on.

At first, it was static but seconds later, the screen vividly showed a guy, seated on a stool and his head was covered by a sack.

I teared up as I saw his uniform. I know his body built, I recognized him well. Anxiousness envelops my being, being calm succumbs as the memories of the past started flashing back...

I began asking myself why. Asking that do I deserve this kind of torment. It doesn't have to be my friends who'll suffer and got jeopardize because of my stupidity...

“M-martin? No, this can't be...” I weakly uttered and I hadn't hold back my tears any longer.

“A-athena! Athena, are you here?! You must get out of here! It's dangerous!” I heard him yelled. I fixed my eyes on the tab and realized that it was recording him live and he can actually hear me!

I can see the fear on him. He's body were trembling badly while both his hands were tied up behind him. He mustn't suppose to experience that kind of misery...

Then all of the sudden, I heard loud laughters behind the recording. Soon after, goons showed up, hiding themselves on the masks that they're wearing.

They surround Martin and one takes off the sack from Martin's head.

“B-boss, please, let me go. I didn't do anything...” He's voice trembled as he begged for his freedom.

The bandits just cracked up like he's just making a joke. One goon gave him a hard slap on the face.

“Don't ever lay a hand on him!” I yelled and I know they heard it.

“A-athena! Athena!” His voice was filled with fear as he called my name.

“Touch him again and I'll swear to kill you!”

I almost broke the tab screen as I gripped it hard in so much rage. I swear to despise them all if something bad happen to Martin.

“Impressive!” I heard a guy spoke.

I recognized that voice. Who would ever forget the voice of the person who raped Reinne in front of me, assassinated Niel, Sam and the other students of Luxvell High?

It's him, none other than Brix Cabreo...

Gritting my teeth as he came closer, he showed a mocking smirk as he stood behind Martin.

Martin might've been distressed and confused, he shouldn't be in there so I'm speculating now of means to redeem him from them.

The place was foreign. It's distinct from where Reinne and I were constrained. It's conspicuous that the place was not yet in used in other previews filthy businesses of the assh*ole.

“It looks like you're gaining more guys now...” He smirked at me from the camera.

I know that he can see me that's why I bestowed him my deadliest glare. I wanna erased that taunting smirk on him!