Chapter 21: Cover Up

Forter's POV:

I heard some groans from a guy inside the basement.

I heard some laughters while the groans were getting louder, maybe they got another victim again. Such idiot people...

I silently entered the basement and saw a guy beaten up by the four dumbheads who were cracking up at his miserable look.

I wore my mask on and headed towards them.

He was seated on the stool which was previously seated by the deceased victims of this organization.

"What's with this?" I interrupted.

They paved the way as they hear me. Cowards, as usual...

"Boss, we captured this guy. He's checking our den, maybe planning something bad to us."

I narrowed my eyes on him, his head was leaning out of exhaustion. His clothing were filled by his blood, flowing down on the filthy floor that was also stained by the blood of the other.

I remained quiet.

One of the goons grabbed the victim's hair, lifting his head. Now, I can clearly see him, and I knew him...

"He's not speaking like a mute. He has a gun on him. What now? Let's silence him at once."

He aimed his revolver right on the guy's temple. This is annoying...

"No. Let him go..." I commanded.

"Why? We need to kill this guy before he do something?!"

"Obey before you complain..." I coldly spoke and gazed at him.

They instantly let him go. That's right, they must follow me.

"What's your plan about this guy?" One annoyingly asked.

"He's one of my subordinates. You beat the sh*t out of him without any consult coming from me. Get out of my sight before I explode your brains out of your narrow shells..." I warned, threatening their tails.

"Our apologies, boss..."

Without wasting any second, they ceased.

I came close to check the beaten up guy. Because of the brutal beating, moving is impossible to do.

"W-why did you lied?" He finally spoke.

"The answer was obvious..." I squatted infront of him and removed my mask.

He lifted his head once again. He's shocked after recognizing me. Yeah, who wouldn't be?

"Y-you?"

"Get up. If this is for revenge, I'll let you have it. Be with us, and you'll be spared..."

He tried to speak again but I cutted him off, I hate being asked...

"No more asking, Kenzo..."

*****

Athena Rei's POV:

ANOTHER day had come. What happaned that night was bizarree. I don't understand...

When I saw the two corpses which were hanging above the tree in the field in front, I immediately head to my brother to tell it.

He called Caliber to help him check. My brother can't leave me behind because he's worrying in my safety regardless of the two corpses near in front of our house...