Chapter 22: His Request

Forter's POV:

“THE first was on his track...”

I'm playing with the remaining drink inside my mug when Zach arrived.

“Who wouldn't be?” I replied while caressing the edge of the handle.

“Brix is still insisting. How sure is he?”

I gazed at him, then flick my fingers to get his attention.

“His actions made it evident. You saw how he followed and annihilate anyone who'll cause harm...”

“So Brix is really into it. But how will the organization entrust their faith on him if his previous mission failed?” Zach asked me. I shrugged and let go of the mug.

“That's why he's working on it alone. He didn't realize that recklessly moving. The first rank possibly in rage now, not gonna wonder if our mission will end in no time...” I stated and smirked.

“What are we here anyway? There's nothing we can do if the first rank was on it...”  He pissedly complained.

I finished off to savor the chocolate blend and stood up to get my stuff.

“For now, let's do what to be done. Make sure that no one will be involved here, Luxvell High will be on my track...”

He nodded and both of us left the hideout.

*****

Athena Rei's POV:

Days had past but my brother Acer and Caliber were still on trance about the case they're handling. I have no idea why this case is tough to be resolved. Is he truly skillful that even my brother can't decipher his identity?

And for the past few days now, I don't have any contact with my friends. My worries underscores, with my friends' worries together with dreadful happenings arising. I thought leaving Luxvell High can change everything, but it didn't. Even so, perhaps this is good, rather than I brought bad luck to my friends...

As what Christopher confided, Luxvell High is peaceful now. Probably, all the chaos of the past started when I indulge myself on things that weren't in my concern at all. I involved myself to something which is now haunting me wherever I go. Just d*mn, with that little involvement they want me exterminated.

To avoid any distress from it, I get up and head towards the bathroom to have a bath. I sighed deeply as the cold water flawed from the shower. I'll allow all my worries to be washed off by it, I know that my life is in risk but I need to fight to live.

After taking a bath, I instantly readied my things and weared on my uniform, it's another day to attend school. The fact that someone's on my back to protect bestowed a little hope and security. Perhaps that'll be enough reason to stay out in the four corners of my room just to avoid death.

I haven't heard any news from my brother about the killings. It seemed that it ceased and whoever was attempting to hurt me thought that its hard for them to get near me.

After eating breakfast with my brother, he drove me to school using his bulletproof car for security.

Everyone's attention is always on me as they saw my arrival and departure from school. Some asked me why I'm riding on a car like that. Even Martin was wondering why and haven't stop asking me about that stuff. The more they notice it, the more I get irritated because it's a pain in the *ss being the eye of the spotlight.

“Just wow Athena. You're like a VIP. Riding a bulletproof car feels like being a celebrity, politician or somewhat a person with a royal blood. So luxurious and incredible...” Martin said, started teasing me as ever.