Chapter 46: Heir's Downfall

OUR group were bombarded one by one. Those troop were more frightening. We don't have weapons to fight, nor strength to move forward and attack.

Moreover, we're slowly killed by the poisonous gas which became thicker as minutes past. Lecero have no plan to spare us.

I'm gripped tightly on Terrence's shoulders when he lose his balance and knelt on the ground because of exhaustion.

“P-put me down...” I mumbled.

“Not gonna happen...” We moved again.

I slowly feel dizzy, perhaps I'll die because of suffocation.

Explosions were getting louder and finally, the enemies decreased but still isn't enough to be relief.

“Watch out!” Cendrick shouted but it's too late.

Someone lunged towards us. Terrence and I were thrown away by the great impact as it jumped behind me.

My back hardly hit the ground and I rolled away. I was thrown away a meter distance from were we are earlier.

A man aggressively jumped above me and going to bite my neck. Lucky enough that I reached the bat and shove it's body to the man's mouth.

I yelled and pushed him with all I can. He was yanked on the ground and I started hitting his head with the bat.

I used the bath to stand well while looking at Terrence who punched those who try to grab him.

I force myself to move faster and help them by smashing the enemy's head.

“D-d*mn. I think I'm going to die now...” Neon said after I helped him when someone bited his arm.

I think it broke. His arm is so swollen and bleeding excessively.

The enemies were still blocking the headquarters's entrance.

As they assaulted again, one by one they fell on the ground. They can't reach us because some gunshots from above the HQ building stopped them.

Those who help us seem to split just to support us in our way. All we need to do is hang in, they're in charge.

“Keep moving everyone...”

I heard Gregory's voice from behind us and he moved ahead and attack the remaining foes.

However, before his katana reaches the foe, it's body exploded.

The foe's flesh scattered on the ground.

Gregory keep on charging but it happened again and again. The enemy's bodies were exploding. Is it the microchip that Christopher mentioned?

“Gregory!” I shouted when he knelt down, already worn out.

It keeps going. Their bodies were shuttering into pieces before our group can hit them.

I shivered when I felt a slimy thing that stick on my cheek. I remove it, realizing that it was a human flesh.

“He's playing with us...” Christopher said with a weak tone. He's still carrying Marga who is still unconscious.

“Go inside the building...” Gregory said as he make a way for everyone.

He slowed down now, yet still got enough strength to assassinate even getting outnumbered.

Seven minutes remaining.

We charged in the entrance while fighting the remaining enemies and finally we got it.

I sighed as there are remaining troops inside the building. The group didnt let them move closer and tried to check the elevator but it's not working.

I fell on the white floor stained by blood that already dried up. I shrieked when he bended my arm to bite but Celine grabbed my bat and hit the enemy on it's head.