Chapter 24: It's Gregory

Zach's POV:

SOMETIMES, I can't comprehend what's on his mind. He must've told me earlier than this that Martin Gonzales was used as bait to capture Athena Rei completely.

I sneaked inside the abandoned building. Probably, it's Brix's new den. Seems like he knew that he can't trust us anymore and have his own in this junk lair.

'Dont worry, he is too dumb. I talked to him earlier and he said that the hostage was still alive...'

D*mn it. I know that Brix was insane. I hope it's not too late.

I hid and saw Brix's dogs playing some cards. Glad that he knew Brix's plans and one of it was the agenda for tonight. Athena Rei and Brix will be in the Rigor Org Auction. Thinking like a psycho, he's hundred percent sure of the happenings tonight.

Assured that there's less enemies around, I decided to show up.

“Good evening...” I spoke and everyone gawked at me.

“What are you doing here? How did you know Boss's new hideout” The lead of the gang asked.

“It's none of your business to know...” I said and shoot them all. They're too slow, I instantly annihilated them, aside from the leader who escaped out of the den.

“Who a-are you?” Martin spoke, shaking while gazing at me. No worries, with this mask I could conceal my identity.

“I'm your hero, amidst of trouble. Surely, you'll be saved...” I proudly said.

If only he's a lady, possibly she'll fell in love on me like those in the action movies.

“I-is it just me or, did we meet before?” He asked. I shrugged it off and cut his ropes. We need to hurry before the leader came back with the other troops.

Guiding him up, we went out of the lair. The moment we head out, I immediately seek the coward and fortunately, I saw him, talking to his phone...

“Boss, t-the captive escaped...” He's talking to Brix...

“S-someone came in and started shooting. He taken the captive with him.”

I let Martin went inside the car and head towards the talkative coward.

“He's the assistant of F--”

I shoot him before he could continue. He knew a lot so better silenced him at once.

As fast as lightning, my mission has accomplished.

Athena Rei's POV:

I'm not familiar with this Labyrinth garden that's why it became too difficult for me to run and roam around, seeking a place to conceal myself from him.

“Show yourself Athena Rei!!!”

“F*ck...” I hissed when I heared him closer and run towards a path to turn away.

I'm getting confused now and all I could do is scan around and feel his presence. I don't know where to go! The sky was unclear and seems like a heavy rain will fall.

“You can't escape here sweety! I know everything about this garden. It's only one way out!”

I throwed off my stilettos and run quickly. I'm assured now that Martin is safe and now, I need to save myself, but if I met my end tonight, so be it, however, I need to try to survive!

As the clouds faded and the crimson lighterf the moon peeks from it, I checked the surroundings. I hide behind a tall sunflower plant when I saw him looking aroundn. I know it's hard for him to see because I ruined one of his eyesight.