Chapter 31: Fieldtrip

OUR class was the last one to arrive. It took two hours to reach the meeting place and it's quarter to eleven o'clock now.

I could hear a lot of complaints, especially from girls. Well, we're just climbing up the long staircase while carrying our luggage.

Thankfully, it's shady and the stair was so wide. Even though we're bunch of students climbing up together, it didn't look too crowded.

“Hayst! I hate stairs!” Chelsea exclaimed.

“Be thankful that it's not a high cliff...” Kenzo hissed.

“I guess it's a 10 minute walk upstairs...” Gian informed.

I'm reserved while climbing up with my black back pack. I'm sweating and panting too out of exhaustion. It's good that I'm used to this kind of set up because of my trainings.

Kenzo was carrying my other stuff, it's a great help.

I didn't mind the tiredness at all because of the beautiful view and the fresh air that gives relief. It's a countryside feeling...

The weather is fair, the big trees offers their shades to cover us from the sunlight.

As the minutes past, at last we arrived at the destination. My mouth gaped as I roam my eyes around.

The wide green field welcomed us. Also, there's a big building in front and a medium sized gymnasium beside it.

The paths were cemented. There's also a wooden rail that surrounds which served as the boundary at the cliffs. The scenery is so perfect for picture taking as it expose the beautiful mountains and the city below.

“Wow!” Chelsea gasped and instantly went on the wooden rail to see the view at the horizon.

Some already took some photos. Everyone is relief. It's really nice to see the natural creations around.

When everyone finally arrived, Blake announced to proceed in the gymnasium to rest. There are designated tables and chairs for every class so we settled at where we are assigned.

The committee served a lot of food at the tables for lunch. It's like a feast, so this is how elite society facilitate a trip, still costly.

We are having our lunches. Everyone was so happy as they eat. I'm just silent having my meal when my eyes caught a glance on the table of Class A.

They are 12 there, eating with class. My eyes instantly gazed at Gregory who's eating too while Celine is talking to him. Others were talking too but I knew that both of them is having a world of their own.

He is smiling at her. It's like he's enjoying what they were talking about.

The struck of pain was there again. I haven't noticed that I took a while on starting at them when Gregory lift his head and our eyes met.

I havent pull myself off on staring and just let us have an eye contact. He's shocked, so he wasn't expecting that I'll be here.

I mentally chuckled as his shocked expression turns into a blank one.

I guess, there's nothing anymore to hope for so I took a deep breath and with all the courage, I give him my genuine smile. That smile that will assure him that everything is fine, but I don't know if I really made it as his expression changes again.

I went back on eating and tried to eradicate the pain I felt.

I flinched when I felt a tap on my back. I looked beside me and it's Chelsea who's doing it.

“Something's wrong with you...” She asserted.

“Did he do something to you?” Gian asked. Now, they're already gawking at the Class A.