Chapter 7: Curiosity and Conclusion

"Stand up!" Mr. Chavez shouted at one of my classmate.

We're in a tight training on how to maintain our balance, stance and land safely after being attacked. It'll be tough because we will accept hard punches and kicks from our professor.

Now, it's my turn.

"Goodluck Ms. Valdez..." He said and I bowed.

He instantly attacked me, kicking my leg to get me off guard. That hurts that made me kneel down. He is fast!

"Focus Ms. Valdez." He said and kicked me again but I abled dodge it and stand.

"Get on your flexes and read my movements!" He make a stance and I ready myself for another blow.

Then he turned and kicked me right In the face but I managed to blocked it with my arm but the intensity is enough for me to loss my balance.

With enough strength I got, I used the intensity and bend my body sideways in order to spin off the ground using my left hand and step away from him.

"Impressive..." Mr. Chavez claps. That was close...

I'm about to make a stance again but he moved trying to hit my head but I do backflips to escape his sudden attack. No matter how fast I did, a hard blow on my cheek sent me flying off the ground.

I groaned and touch my lips, I felt a little sting on it.

"Not bad. Next time, be responsive and quick. Those who's faster and strong always win the fight." Then he dismissed us after.

"Proceed to the clinic to see your bruises and scratches. The council will be having an urgent meeting so use that to rest. See you tomorrow..."

Mr. Chavez left and my friends immediately approached me.

"Your bleeding..." Reine said.

"Yeah, but I'm fine.." I said but frowned when I tasted the blood coming from my lip.

"Let's see the nurse. I need some painkillers too..." Gian complained.

"D*mn. Tomorrow, I'll taste the same brutally as yours." Kenzo exclaimed with an unexplained look.

We walked to the clinic to get some painkillers. Half of us are here, tsk.

It's been days after the arson incident and the Highest rank didn't announced anything. They took the blame on the faulty wirings of the Detention building. The High Ranks always had urgent meetings and the Class A were nowhere to be seen.

About Niel, he vanished. Rumors said that  Niel choose to left school for some reason. It's hard to keep secret while everyone is unaware of what truly happened.

We only had a half-day class and we chose to rest in our dorms. Both Chelsea and Reinne buy foods in the cafeteria. I was left because I'm too exhausted.

I just spend my time checking my things when I touched the black box hidden in my close. I checked the latch in it.

Ever since Niel gave the box to me, I start to feel uneasy. I don't have any idea what's inside the box. It's troubling me...

I hid the box again when Chelsea and Reinne arrived.

"Eat up!" They cheerfully said in chorus.

I quickly ate my meal. I finished earlier than Chelsea and Reinne that's why I told them that I'll stroll outside the dormitory for a while.

I strode at the silent corridor that abled me to see the students whos now having their dinner in the cafeteria, the lights were bright inside that's why I can vividly see what's going on. Kenzo and Gian might be inside too.