Chapter 17: Sudden Change

Forter's POV: (side story)

"Brix isn't suspecting?"

"No, he's too dumb."

Zach chuckled and shook his head. I'm stating facts, not some jokes.

"I can't believe that Sam was gone..."

I sighed and chose my clothes to wear on. Brix Cabreo's death will come but not now. It's not yet time...

"The first rank is moving now." I added.

"They killed one of the best reaper of Luxvell..." Zach replied.

"How's the lady?"

"She's fine, but still traumatized. She's too devastated..."

"I see. Let's rely on Spade's plan..."

We proceeded, our task still continues.

-----

Athena Rei's POV:

It's been five days after my brother asked for my rest to recover. My wound healed but I need to move carefully, the stitches might open.

I'm still coping up too with the trauma. I said I'm getting over it but it's hard. I need a lot of time for that to happen.

"Let's go, Rei."

He asked me out. I'm not feeling into it but he insisted. He said that it's better to regain my strength outside than remain inside my room. Being alone in a room will make me overthink again.

"How about your work?" I asked.

"Don't worry, it ain't bother..." He chuckled.

I just sighed and looked outside the window, watched everything the car had passed. The route was not familiar to me.

As the car stopped, I gaped at the big building behind the thick walls. The route and the place was like the Luxvell High, too secluded but unlike Luxvell, it's simple yet amazing. This place is so great.

"Welcome to our headquarters, Rei..."

I'm shocked as he told me that. I'm not expecting that he'll bring me here. It's the headquarters where he work.

"They won't mind. They knew what happened..." He added.

I know that he's working as an agent and nothing much. He's not telling me about it and he's always out in a mission that's why we don't have time to talk about it and now is the time as he brought me here.

As we entered the gate, the huge twin building amazes me. It's full of glass windows. Perhaps, if I come closer, I might see the people working inside. Well maybe it's tinted.

A lot of men too were holding firearms. The walls were surrounded by men in black military suits and helmets. Ine wrong move and someone might end dying if they messed with the military.

My mouth still gaping when we stopped in a wide parking lot. My brother guided me out. I fiest my eyes on the beautiful sights.

"You can't enter building. It's only for the employees so I'll bring you in the training hall. Do you mind?"

I nodded and we walked at the path behind the building. I saw a medium sized building there, maybe it's what my brother talked about.

"This is the training hall. You can try a lot of things here, like archery, combat techniques and martial arts, explosives, deadly weapon handling and also shooting..." My brother explained as we entered.

"You can try some sports here too to remove your boredom. We have billiards, bowling, tennis, badminton, also baseball and softball then other ball games..."