Chapter 28: Admirer

WEEKS had past, my ordinary life was back. I'm going to school without worries like before, hanging out with some of my classmate, going to my brother's work as an additional, training for combats and weaponry and finding Reinne.

That's how my world goes now. It's not that interesting, except the trainings and such and my improvement on firing lessons and archery. This is more interesting than going to school, that's what I felt.

Martin was always in my company. Christopher oftenly visit too. Last week, the three of us strolled around the park with his two huskies.

It's Sunday. My brother and I were on our home. The maids were out because it's their day off today and will be back tomorrow.

I tried to bake cupcakes for us. I'm too bored and my homeworks were already done so I decided to bake and tried learning it through baking tutorials online.

The ingredients were already present on the kitchen so I don't have to visit the department store. My brother loved baked pastries and he's asking the maids to bake for him.

I'm not sure if this will be perfect or will fail, but I'm not expecting that it'll be perfect.

First trial isn't always good anyway. Mostly it'll fail at the first attempt and it takes time so I don't need to hurry and expect for good ones.

I was relieved when I baked it just right. Not raw and not overcooked. The aroma is good too. I'm grateful that our kitchen didn't exploded on what I'm doing. It's just too messy.

My phone rang. I answered it immediately while keeping the cupcakes on a container. I made a lot so I will stock the other ones for our snacks at afternoon.

“Hey Athena! Let's go to the mall then watch a movie!” Martin said at the other line.

“Pass. Im busy now...”

“What is it? Come on! I'm bored...” He insisted. I sighed heavily.

“Im baking some cupcakes okay?”

“Seriously?! Can I have a bite? Keep some cupcakes for me!”

I sighed again and keep some to another container for him. I'll just give this tomorrow.

“Fine now. I'll hung up, I need to clean my mess here, okay?” I said.

“Sure, bye! The cupcakes okay? Don't forget---”

I hung up already. He's too stubborn.

When I'm done with the kitchen, I brought the cupcakes in the living room where my brother was resting, checking his laptop.

“Have a bite kuya...” I happily said.

He smiled and immediately turned off his laptop and looked at what I brought.

“When did you learn how to bake huh?” He asked and took one cupcake.

I set the tray of cupcakes on the glass table in front of the couch and sat on a single couch nearby.

“Just earlier. I just tried and have a bite if it taste okay...” I nervously asked.

The taste must be so bad. I hope no one will be poisoned as they ate the cupcake.

He took a single bite and chewed at the cupcakes. It's a chocolate flavor with chocolate icing as well, with sprinkles in top.

He nodded and took a bite again and he finished off eating one. I guess it's successful, what a relief...

“You should try doing again. Seem that you have talents in baking too huh?” He proudly said and get another cupcake.

I'm so flattered. I smiled and sighs, not bad for me as a first timer.