Chapter 43: Lose one but Save one

Cendrick's POV:

WE'RE in front of the detention building. We already got some new ammunitions and weapons for the next stage.

“What did that guy mean that we mustn't trust the seniors inside the stadium anymore?” Rios asked.

“Let's see...” Gregory replied.

In Gregory's lead, we stand by on the vast field, waiting for instructions. The perilous atmosphere intensified.

I feel the goosebumps. It's just creepy.

The cold wind coming from the west send chills on me. I gawked at it's direction and saw someone walking towards us.

I transfixed my eyes on that person, gripping something on it's hand.

“Y-yzel?” Seive uttered looking at that person as well.

I'm grateful that she's safe, yet it's odd, how did she came out?

“Yzel!” Seive shouted and try approach her but Rinzuki stopped him.

“Don't be reckless...” Gregory said, and walk towards Yzel instead.

“Come on. She's my girlfriend...” Seive disappointedly said.

As he came closer, I stunned as Gregory aimed his gun to Yzel whos just walking oddly.

“What do you think you're doing Gregory!” Seive exclaimed while Rinzuki and Neon grabbed his arms, stopping him.

“Don't trust anyone here Seive...” Gregory spoke.

“She's my girlfriend! Why wouldn't I trust her?!”

I stunned while just watching.

“Seive, we're taking some measures here...” Terrence said.

“The f*ck with that!”

He swiftly resisted and aimed his gun on us. D*mn, this is getting worst. He's decided to shoot.

“I can't believe you Gregory. D*mn, how could you point that gun on her?” He said, filled with disappointment.

I looked at Yzel. Shes a few meters away. I'm spook on how she walk. Her head is shaking. What the hell is wrong with her?

“How could you point that gun on us as well?” Rios replied, not liking what Seive complained.

“I can't believe you all...” Seive said, shaking his head.

Gregory has a point. We can't trust anyone for now except from this group.

“Let's let him. He might know what to do with this...” Raven said as he approach and tap Gregory's back.

Gregory put down his gun but eyeing still on them. Seive look at us once again before turning his back, running the remaining distance to Yzel.

I feel relieve when he finally approached and hug Yzel.

I can hear his sobs. He love Yzel more than himself, enough to turn his back to us.

“If Yzel managed to escape, then what about the others?” Rinzuki asked that made me think as well.

“I hope they're fine too...” Chandria replied.

“Don't let your guards down...”  Gregory warned.

I'm exhausted. I already wanted to lie down but I chose to sit on the ground to rest.

But right after I sat, I heard Yzel howled.

It send goosebumps on me again.

“Seive!” They shouted.

I saw how Yzel hit Seive’s head. I instantly stood up and followed Gregory who quickly respond.