Chapter 19: Threat

IT'S been a week when I left Luxvell High. I spent that week in my brother's work. I looked like a kid needed to be babysitted, he's not letting me alone nor went everywhere.

"Brother, why should I come here with you? Its fine when I'm just at home!"

I complained while we're walking to the training hall. I'm staying here when my he's inside their headquarters.

"No, even home is not safe so it's better that you are here. Caliber will check you  here for me..." He said while dialing on his phone.

I think it's urgent and he needed to solved it.

"For Pete's sake! I'm bored here. Even though I'll try some activities here, still, aishh... Nevermind..." I just messed my hair out of frustration.

My brother Acer looked at me and gave me a deadly look. Yeah, just like what I've said, I won't complain anymore!

"I'll call Caliber and ask him to teach you how to use a gun..." He said with finality.

"WHAT!?"

He blankly stare and placed his phone on his ear. He started talking to Caliber at the other line.

No! I think he's weird now. He's planning to teach me how to use a gun? Its a big no!

"He's coming. Stay at that bench. I'm going to work."

He moved close and gave me a gentle kiss in the forehead. He smiled then patted me.

"You'll be okay, I trust you Rei..."

"B-but---"

I hadnt finished what im saying when he immediately left. At the path he was heading, there were two guys standing afar, waiting for him.

I can't recognized them well. Maybe it's my brother's company, agents might be.

"Yow!"

"Aishh! What?!"

"Hahaha! Priceless face!"

He shook the hell out of me.

We became close these past few days because he's accompanying me during his break. He claimed that he's not a babysitter, emphasizing that he's a tour guide of me.

He said that my brother is too hardworking and choose to work rather than have a break.

"Come on, we will start the firing lessons..."

"No! I mean, why now!?"

"Because your brother said so?"

"No, I won't do that..."

I crossed my arm and try to convince him that I won't but he was just staring at me in a blank way now. How can they manage to change their mood in a split of second?!

"FINE..." I sighed deep and just followed behind him.

He silently take me in the shooting field where he will train me.

I know it's so sudden. My trauma is still there and it'll be hard for me. I don't understand why my brother will insist me to do this.

"Athena Rei..."

He throwed the equipments towards me the moment I faced him. Gladly, I catch them and hadn't hit my face.

I glared at him but he just smirked and wear his gears on. I can't do anything but to do the same thing as well.

He take me inside the rectangular field. Now, I can visualized the human-shaped white boards which will be the target.

I'm too nervous. I'm sweating excessively and my knees were trembling. I can almost hear my heart beating so loudly. It's ringing in my ears.