Chapter 13: Masquerade

I pulled my long brown hair on a bun and pinned it properly. I applied my own simple make up in my round face and applied reddish liptint complementing my lips and my skintone.

I slowly pulled up the black elegant gown with silver lining of beads which glitters brightly in the light.

As I wear it on, the clothing covered my fine body that made it look like it was really made me. I'm satisfied of it as it shows my curves perfectly.

It's end were full of silver beads and it ballooned just enough. It's sIit exposed my left thigh and I wear on my four-inch black heels.

I took my black and white mask and wear it on. Only half of my face is exposed. The Acquaintance party has a Masquerade theme that's why...

"Let's go, Athen..." Reinne called.

I get my white pouch at my cabinet and had a glimpse on the black box.

I take a deep breath, 'Everything will be fine...' I said.

I look at Reinne who's wearing a blue gown. Her hair is curled cutely which made her look  gorgeous.

"Wow, you look like a goddess Athena..." Her cute face flash red while looking at me.

I swiftly turn around showing how fit the gown is. She clapped in admiration then giggled.

"I'm sure every man there will be head-over-heels on you!" She added.

"Nah, stop that. Look at you too..." We giggled.

"Let's go! They're waiting..." She excitedly exclaimed and we went down.

As the cold breeze touches my skin, it send chills on me. The night seem so gloomy even with the stars and moon that lits on it.

"What's the matter?" Reinne asked.

"Nothing. Don't mind me..." I smiled for a bit.

"You can tell me, you know that..."

She faced me and caress both my hands, giving me an assuring smile.

"I know that..." I muttered.

I remembered the black box and my botheredness underscored. There's a fear that suddenly came within me.

"Let's enjoy this night and stop thinking negatively, okay?" She caressed both my cheeks.

"Don't ruin that make up of yours..."

"Fine, fine. Thank you..."

"You're always welcome Athen!" She giggles.

We walked and saw Kenzo and Samuel waiting for us already. Reinne's date is Kenzo...

Gian and Chelsea were already there at the big amphitheater. Chelsea have to be early because she will sing for the band of Luxvell High.

"You're so beautiful..." Samuel admirely said.

I smiled at him and wrap my hand on his arm and we walked to the party's venue.

"I'm always gorgeous..." I playfully said and he chuckled.

"I can't deny that..." He said and guide me as we step on the carpet at the entrance.

Samuel is wearing a black tuxedo with a pink polo inside and a maroon necktie. His outfit fits well on his body. His mask is white with a touch of red colors on it.

Kenzo and Reinne were following at us. They both look good on each other and they're cute.

When we arrived, I didn't expect to see how elegant and luxurious this party might be.