Chapter 38: Rules

Blake's POV: (prior his death)

The connection system were disabled.

I'd noticed it earlier in the morning and its not yet fixed, that's why I asked to see Mr. Chains.

I feel that something is odd today as well, right before we entered the Luxvell premises.

I read my sister's message again. She's asking if the field trip went well, then asking me to get her a souvenir.

I haven't replied yet, she's might be worrying now.

Because the connection was lost, I'll try to resolve it.

But before I could came close, I saw Mr. Chains' body, full of stab.

His body was hanged and something was written beside it, written with blood.

Im about to press the chip in my wristwatch to warn everyone when a bullet barely hit my shoulder.

It came inside the headquarters. I instantly grabbed my gun and head inside the building.

“I'm not expecting that you'll come here, Mr. Chua...”

He spoke as I entered the glass door of the Luxvell HQ. I pointed my gun on him and grimaced.

"Mr. Lecero, what's the meaning of this?"

He just laughed while his men instantly surround and aimed their guns on me. He's a traitor.

“Chains is dead, and I'm running this game...” He bragged.

“Why did you barged in?”

“Rigor organization ordered me. When this become successful, no one will hinder their way to the top...”

He's insane. If this plan really came from the Rigor org that means they did a wrong move.

“Did you think that Luxvell Mafia will let you all get through this” I smirked and mentally mocked him.

“Do you think Rigor org is weak?” He spoke madly.

“Besides, this game is a gambling. Money is what matters here. We'll make fun, while everyone of you suffers...” He bragged.

“B*stard...”

He turned away and his men started to shoot me.

I only got a pistol in tow. I'm aware that I'm outnumbered.

I dodged the bullets which were shot towards me.

Speed is what I can rely on. Moreover, all my bullets must buried fatally so it won't be wasted.

I aimed on their heads and it's a great hit. However, I lose ammunition.

I slide off on the white tiled floor and use my dagger to kill by throwing it against someones forehead and his gun.

I groan as two bullets hit my back. It's painful, but I keep myself mobile and shoot them back.

I shoot them right on their heads out of rage. It wasn't easy, as another bullet buried in my thigh.

I received another shot on my side. I can't bare the pain.

“D*mn it...” I cursed and hissed because of the deep wounds.

I grunted loudly. The white neat floor was stained by the blood oozing from their corpses.

I grab one lifeless body of a guy and used it to block the other bullets. I can hear how it's blood scatter, gripping the guy's black armored suit from behind.