Chapter 44: Left Behind

Athena Rei's POV:

“Athena!” I heard Cendrick called. He's the first one to notice us.

“After a couple of minutes, the game is on again...” Christopher uttered before we finally reached them.

I gasped when I saw Seive, lying down on the ground. He's dead.

My tears fell while looking at him. I don't know what happened? It's too sudden!

Beside him lies a girl. Is it Yzel? His girlfriend?

Yzel is with the senior students inside the stadium. I know that there's something happening here. I can't believe that this is truly happening to us.

They became something horrific, or someone devouring flesh. I'm too confused how to explain it!

“Seive was attacked by her girlfriend by smashing his head by a hard tube...” Rinzuki said.

I was about to speak when Chandria came in front of me.

“Where's Charles?” She asked with nervous tone.

All eyes on me, waiting for my answer. I sobbed, I don't know how to start and say it.

“Where the hell is my twin!” She yelled and gripped both my shoulders.

I shake my head as an answer and close my eyes.

“Charles is d-dead...” She let go of me after saying it.

“I don't know what's h-happening now but, h-he got devoured by someone. The seniors were also acting weirdly...”

“Why did you let it happened!” She yelled at me and slap me hard on my left cheek.

I fell on the ground while bearing the pain together with my wound on my temple.

“Its better that it was you! You're just a burden as ever!”

I looked down and belittled myself more. Perhaps it's true. I'm the bad luck in here.

She attempted to slap me again. I waited but it didn't happened.

I looked at her and now Gregory was gripping her wrist tightly.

“Calm down...” Gregory warned with madness. His jaw cletched, he didn't like what's happening.

They're fighting. Possibly that it's true that I'm just a burden, another one to think with.

“L-let go. It hurts...” Chandria complained.

He finally let go of her wrist and she started crying, breaking down on what I've said.

“We didn't expected this to happen. We don't need to take their deaths to heart...” He seriously said.

"Let their deaths be your driving force to burn and kill 'em all...” He added.

He offered his hand on me and I accepted it and he guide me to stand up.

“You okay?” He asked.

He carefully fixed my hair. Gregory stiffed for a while after seeing my wound on my temple.

“Hmm. I'm fine...” I smiled while looking at his face stained with blood.

“I'll do everything just to protect you, protect all that left behind with me...” He whispered.

I nodded and smiled genuinely. I know he's exhausted too, but we need to finish this game.

“The situation now is different. We don't have time to blame each other...” Christopher joined.