Chapter 34: Hope and Concern

THE rain stopped from pouring. He's carrying me on a piggy-back ride because my left leg was hurt and I can't walk.

We're both quiet as we head back to the camp site.

It's so dark and i cant even see anything around us, yet, Gregory was able to walk like he can see everything, even the bumps or some obstacles on the way. He's amazing.

“Uhm, why aren't you bumping on something? We don't have a light yet you walked like nothing...” I finally asked.

His body stiffened, then he laughed a little. I feel embarrassed on what I just asked.

“Because I can see the path, that's why I can walk freely...” He replied in an obvious manner.

“Seriously? Its really dark yet you can see the way?” I asked again in disbelief.

“I said yes...” He replied like he's done with me. My bad.

“I trained myself to see in the darkness...” He added.

I nodded and hugged even more on his neck..

“You're really are a vampire...” I aaod and chuckled.

“And why?” He shortly asked, amused on what I said.

“Aside from having this pale skin, you can actually see in the dark. Vampires were described as that...” I said with a bragging tone.

“So it infers that I'm a monster...”

“Yes, you are...” I proudly replied.

Yes, he's a monster, especially when he gets furious.

A faint light coming from the campsite reach us but he halted for awhile. I can see his face now near mine.

“Vampires are monsters that only exist on myths...”

I'm just staring on his perfect face while he's too serious while speaking.

“In the world of humanity, killers are classified as monsters, and I am one of them...”

I feel bad all of a sudden. His tone is quite sad.

“B-but, you kill because you have a reason, right? Is that classified as a monster?”

I felt his body stiffened. He became quiet for some seconds, I guess he's thinking.

After some seconds, he tilted his head and looked at me behind him.

“I killed tons of people, and I don't know if they all deserve to die or some of them were just innocent...”

That's my moment to be silent. I dont know what to say anymore because I don't know much about him. I feel a bit guilty.

When I first met him, I judged him as an absolutely outrageous person that you mustn't deal with. Then I realized why, because he is a heir of a mafia group. I just now comprehended that a person has reasons on his behavior and action.

“I'm a monster, and that's already showed off...” His tone changed to a bragging one and smirked at me.

“You seemed so proud about it...” I rolled my eyes on him.

“At least, I'm not hideous...” He argued.

“What hideous? So there are pretenders huh?”

He chuckled and holy, it's a sweet music in my ears.

“Everyone has a monster within themselves. Don't be deceived on what you can only see. You are one of those hideous monsters as well, anyway...” He quoted.