Chapter 35

Missing Piece of Mine
(JeongTzu ft. SaiDa Fanfic)

Chapter 35

Jihyo's POV

It was days before Tzuyu announced to everyone about her daughter. At first, of course I'm happy. Jeongyeon will also be glad to know the news but I didn't told him. Sooner or later, Tzuyu will call him and tell about the good news.

But at the same time, there is something inside me telling that, this is not yet done.

Its not that because they kicked me out on the case. But yeah, still.

Going back, I don't feel good when suddenly, they just do that and assigned me to another case abroad. It is also a big one but I want to help my friend more.

Another reason is that, before Kaito died, I already talk to him secretly. He is having a hard time talking that time but I still listen to him and put all those clues together.

Flashback

"Lay.... Dangerous.... He.... I.... Saw.... Illegal.... Doings.... S-sa...."

"Sa, what? Are you referring to your daughter." He nodded.

"Okay. What is it?"

"Sana.... Elaine.... One.... Help me.... Protect my family...." That's the last word before I stop him. I'm still confuse on all what he said but I wrote all of it on my notes to start my investigation.

I know this is all hard for him. His situation is still not stable. I hope I can decode all his words.

The next day, the time I meet with Jeongyeon at the café and the same day that Kaito died. After me and Jeongyeon depart ways, I contacted my connection inside the Hospital where he is Kaito confined and tell them to get some sample from him. It will be a big help. I only have Sana. I hope I can sample of her, too. Maybe, I will get some from her Mother, too.

And that was my first move I did. I got all their samples and bring to my friend's laboratory. She examine it all if the three would match. But, that's not yet done. Even I had the result, it's still incomplete.

If the results says positive then, Sana is their real daughter of course. If not, two things are already in my mind right now. It's either, first, she's adopted, and she is a lost daughter of other people out there or, Kaito is telling the truth and she is the missing daughter of my friend.

Base on Jeongyeon's story, they hide in Japan that time and of course, they're child was separated to them there and some people saw the baby. But no one reported about it to the authorities so, it's a hard thing. Then, Kaito and his family was native in Japan before they went here in South Korea for a new life. 

Days after, I got the results the same time, Sana and her family left to go somewhere for a new life again. I didn't told Jeongyeon about my investigation, and then a day after, I was kicked in the case.

Back to the Present, after that day when my cousin visited me, I told him everything I got. He somehow believes me but he stopped me to tell it to everyone for the meantime.

"If it's really true, you have to be careful, Ji. The Chou is not as simple to be fought. I'll help you about this. But please, not now. If you dint want to stop, atleast do it low-key. Don't make anyone know about it for the mean time." That's what he told me. Of course, I know about the power the Chou family was holding.

I also remember about other things that Kaito told me about Lay. I think, he didn't just witnessed about the event happened 20 years ago, but he also found out about Lay's illegal transactions behind his administration inside the Chou Empire. Poor Tzuyu. She doesn't know anything about her evil brother. I'm also wondering if Taehyung, Tzuyu's late husband knows about this. Besides, he was also friend with Lay when he still alive.

My suspicions is getting bigger about Lay's involvement to everything that happened. From the death of Kaito, and the recent kidnapping of Sana's younger sister, Yoona. And now, about Minju.

Fast forward, at the day of my flight to US. I met Jeongyeon hours in one restaurant, hours before my flight. I just sigh after he lost on my sight after bidding our goodbyes.

The reason I went in this place is because, I heard my boss talking to Lay in the phone. They are going to meet in this place. I have suspicion on something that will be the center of their topic.

After entering the place, I saw him sitting on one table. He is obviously waiting for someone for he is impatiently tapping his fingers in table and sometimes looking to his phone.

I made my way to the table behind him. The back rest of the chair is high, enough to do my plan, and that us to eves drop to their conversation. I won't be in peace if I know some parts of the truth is hidden. I also made a disguise. I won't let them know I am having investigation.

Minutes after, The guy he is waiting like ages ago came. Right after he sat across my boss, they start to talk already.

"What happened to that detective that I told you?"

"We have no problems with her now. Hours after this, she will be flying to US now for her new assignment."

"How are you sure she is going there now?"

"I called her a while ago. She said, she is on the way to the airport now. The way going there is not that part, so maybe she already arrived. You don't have to worry about it."

"Better make sure of it."

Wait! Are they talking about me?

Obviously! I knew it. They really are suspicious.

After that, I left the restaurant already. I'll still continue my investigation even I'm away. I have my cousin, he is also going to help me. Which is, he already starting right now. I told him to get a DNA test for that Minju girl. If the result show negative, that is new discovery of Lay for me. I'll make sure he will rot in jail. Next time, I'll get a sample of Jeongyeon and Sana, too. Along with Tzuyu. All my investigation will just be a waste if I have no proofs about who is really the true Elaine.

~~

"What's the new update?"

"We found some interesting inside the Victim's diary, Ms. Park. It was in the possession of her family and they are willing to give it to us for the improvement of their daughter's case. It's about her relationship to the suspect. They know each other." My teammates told me.

"Thanks for that, Drake. It's a really good update for us. I also have some information I got. I'll take care about it and also, told the family that we are going to visit one of this days for some further questions."

"Yes, Maam." After that, he left and I was left here inside my office again.

It's already dark outside, soil decided to go stroll for a while in the city to refresh my mind again before going back to work and rest.

While walking down the street, I bumped to a tall girl but I can see that she us still young to be an adult.

"I'm sorry, Miss. Are you okay?" I asked her. I also help her to pick her things.

"I'm okay. I'm just on a hurry. I have dinner with Dad and I'm already late." She told me. She is like talking to someone she knew while smiling.

"Maybe, he will understand. You just got out of school."

"No. It was hours ago when I leave the school. I'm with my friend. I.... Joined them to audition to one Korean Entertainment Company to be a Kpop idol. He has no idea that about that thing."

"Oh~ At least you didn't do anything. He will understand." I replied. We got up after fixing her things back to her arms.

"You know what? It's nice to meet you. I feel like you're not a stranger to me. I'm glad you're the one I got bumped to. I'm Kim JinSol by the way." She handed me her hand for a handshake which i gladly accept.

"I'm Park Jihyo. Nice meeting you, JinSol-ah."