Luocha X Fem! Reader - Falling and Dreaming

"Of five people, three must pay a price- You, Y/N, are one of them." She shifts uncomfortably under the careful watch of the red eyed assailant. 

The man with a sinister glint in his eyes drags his arm upwards, pointing the tip of a heavy metal sword at you. Feeling your breathing shift with the surreal jolt of falling, you throw yourself awake, breathing heavily, your pupils search the dark room for his red eyes. 

The door slams open, and as you curl into yourself, desperately clenching your arms in a cold sweat, Luocha rushes to your side. The golden-haired healer, who had saved your life. 

"Y/N?!"He calls out to you. 

 He is whipped by your unusually timid demeanor. He studies you, carefully analyzing you for any external injuries before reaching out to you. Shakily you stare up at him and take his hand. This strange vulnerability, a side of you that he'd never seen before, stuns him. Although it was jarring, he responds to with an open compassion.

Bringing you to his chest, he sits up beside you, offering his shoulder for you to lay your head. You accept, fully embracing his broad shoulders and warm embrace. Losing yourself in the crevice of his neck, you steady your heartbeat to match his. 

 Wrapping his arm around your shoulder, he takes the blanket from your feet and lays it comfortably on your lap. Lulling you into a calmer state he holds you, for how long, you were unsure. Though, he stayed like that, stroking your hair between his velvet white gloves, caressing your cheek until you were calm enough to talk. 

"You had that dream again?" He asked, moving your head back to his shoulder. 

"Not a dream. A memory." You corrected, feeling the frost crawl its way onto your fingertips.

 He noticed the abundant cold surrounding you. Taking off his gloves and using the warmth of his hands to heat up yours, you felt your face heat up as well. 

"Luocha?" You ask, watching as his long hair drapes over the left side of his face once he bends down to use his breath to warm your frostbitten hands. 

"It's beginning to wear off-" He warns, his face showing a growing concern for your wellbeing. 

"Don't-" you say with a startle. "Don't put me back- in there." You raise your hands defensively. 

This worries him, as he shakes his head slightly. You tug on the sleeve of his black turtleneck, hoping that he would agree if you played nice. 

He lets out a small breath before reaching into his pocket, taking out a golden pendant hanging from his hand. You look at him apprehensively, but he brings a hand to your face, rolling his thumb over the corner of your lips softly, "It's ok. Trust me." The warm gaze he offers before a shift to deep concentration startles you. 

A small whisper escapes his lips as the iridescent leaf green glow illuminates the darkness of your room. The light reflecting onto Luocha's face, onto his long eyelashes, his jawline. You stare for a moment before touching his face, leading your hand down to his jaw with affection. 

"Don't tempt me, Y/N." He smiles. 

"Sorry." You find a small grin making its way to the edge of your lips. 

The soft glow of the pendant fades as he places it back into his pocket. "That should be enough until we reach the Luofu. Do you think you can hold it back until then?" He asks. 

"Yes. Just- don't leave me in there for too long. It- smells like old men and death." You complain, to which he nods, kissing the top of your head. With a somber glance he carries you, supporting your legs as they dangle in his arms, and supporting your back with his other arm. He brings you towards the large coffin, you grimace. Remembering the cramped interior of the white coffin with golden streaks.