Blade - Sun Wukong

A/N: A retelling of the Legend of the Monkey King

---X---

Born of a deep stone, a tiny monkey carved on the steps of a massive mountain- hatched from the rock like an egg. Unlike the others who dwelled upon this sacred sanctuary, the stone monkey had an excellent prowess. 

Gifted the airs of life through the breath of the breeze, the stone monkey became one of the many who dwelled upon the mountain. The land of fruit and flowers was a prosperous place for all those of the demon's kinsmen. 

Spotting a small hut by the lower claims of the large mountain, the stone monkey raids the home alongside his brethren and deem it theirs. Upon such victory over the homeowners, the stone monkey is deemed as the king of the mountain, and leader of their kind. It was upon such a claim that the Monkey King was born. 

To test his boundless strength, the Monkey King travels to the eastern sea in order to acquire a weapon to match his prowess. Inside the lair of the dragon of the eastern sea lay a sword, a golden-hilted Jian with the power to split the seas in a single stroke. Such destruction left markings on this weapon, in the form of lightning's wrath, that struck down and cracked the sword along it's metallic sheen. 

"Monkey king! Your reign of destruction is over." Yama, the ruler of hell spoke fiercely. Demanding that the demon was brought to justice, tens of thousands of soldiers fell weakly at the Monkey King's feet. In a bout of his strength, the Monkey King lets out a chide grin as he wipes his name off the stone tablets of life and of death. 

The news of his treachery began to make its way to the Jade emperor himself. The ruler of the heavenly realm- guardian of righteous path and embodiment of the heavens. "Monkey King, I summon you to the heavens, there is a role that I request of you to be filled." 

Elated to procure the splendor offered by the Jade emperor, the Monkey King travels to the heavens. Upon which he is immediately given the role to guard the celestial stables. 

"Horses?! They have me guarding horses-" The Monkey King throws his arms up in disbelief, suddenly thinking of an idea. Jumping with his insanely powerful legs, he stomps on the top of the roof, scaring all the horses within as they clamor outside of the stables, running amuck within the celestial palace. 

With a sneer, the Monkey King begins to play tricks on different immortals. 

"My father says that if I cultivate enough- I will ascend to a high god!" The young immortal boasts, holding an immortality pill given to them by a high-god.  

"Arrogance." The Monkey King growls, taking a piece of his hair and blowing on it. Through the wind it flows, eventually becoming a bug that embeds itself onto the immortal's neck. 

"Get it off!" They cry, running around, flailing in distress as the Monkey King kicks back his feet and laughs. 

The third prince, God of Protection, Dan Heng holds the immortal's collar and steadies them. "Hold still." He commands, with precision and skill, he flicks the tiny golden beetle off the immortal's neck as it disappears. 

Displeased with the outcome and lack of punishment for the arrogant immortal, the Monkey King descends from his position atop the stable roof. "What was that all about- Dan Heng?" 

"Blade, you have caused quite a scene within the heavens. Evil deeds will not go unpunished." 

"So high and mighty. Do you truly know the definition of malice? I only inspire chaos; it was within those horses to run away themselves!" Blade smirks, tilting his head up as the golden cloud forms below his feet. Gaining the height advantage over the third heavenly prince as je stares down at him with a chide grin.