Himeko - Ruler of my heart AU

A/N: GO WATCH ALIEN STAGGEEEE^^^ T/W for the video, violence 

---X---

"Get back here!" The butcher's wife calls, her raspy, groveling tone makes you laugh.

"Never! You'll never catch me, bleg!" You stick out your tongue mockingly, just before you are swiftly apprehended by none other than the guard captain himself.

"My prince, Gepard, do you want a medal? You were faster than you were last time." You slam sarcastically. The guard captain maintains his silence. It was his 'air of superiority', having grown up in the capital, an unbreakable cool. He maintains his composure while stamping the official document of your release. 

"Stay out of trouble Y/N. I won't be able to bust you out of jail if you get into trouble tonight." He states, thick brows turning in concern. 

"Aww you love me Geppy." You coo, watching as his face ticks up only slightly while he ignores you. "I mean, who wouldn't?" You chuckle. 

He continued to focus solely on his stack of jail records, that was until you kept repeatedly poking his shoulder, like a fly over a good piece of cake. The hay hair-colored wonder turns to you irritated, "What?!"

"Bye~!" You smile deviously, him fuming, threatening to throw you back in the jail cell for what he stated as, 'being a disturbance to the peace'. Deciding to ignore the stiff knight, you noticed that the day was still young, the sun still blazing above in the sky. You decide to take a stroll around town. 

Snatching an apple from an unsuspecting stall vendor- you're alerted by the presence of a large celebration. The invigorating cheers of a kingdom in elation unmask the veiled magnanimous silhouette of a ruby haired woman. Light bounces off her pale skin and displays an all-consuming air of vibrancy.

You slide your way to the front of the crowd, basking along with adoring citizens, the return of the Queen of Astralex. The legends of her benevolence spawn from when she ignited the core within the planet to bring about an era of peace. This time of prosperity is known as the Pax Astralis.

The caravan comes to a halt as an exchange of the guard is performed before the crowd. They call in longing as the sun shines favorably on the silver-plated armor of the Guard Captain. You watched in envy as Gepard offered the breathing goddess a hand from the carriage. Her eminence radiating through the crowd in a tight-lipped smile, her eyes a forthcoming kindness, like the embrace of true loves kiss.

You fantasized about what it might have been like, to be in Gepard's shoes, to stand so close to someone who could only be categorized as the Aeon of beauty themself. To hold such a dignified ruler's hand, even just for a moment. To feel the velvety silk press against your hand with the weight of an empire.

It was sufficient to say that you were enamored with this fiery haired maiden, as her elegance was all you would ever talk about locked in prison. On multiple occasions, as you sang the praises of the Queen, an inmate beside you would stab their ear in favor of listening to your endless ramblings. 

Just as she had appeared, so too did she disappear. She was on her way to the castle in order to celebrate her return. Within it the talk of a massive gala, open only to those with a ticket. Sighing, you knew that you wouldn't be able to attend. 

Then, you thought about it a moment longer. Who was to say that you couldn't? In a universe with infinite worlds, there must have been a world where the two of you shared a space. You vowed that this would be that world. No one would come between you and your goal.

A devious plan formed in your head, though, it would require a bit of preparation to pull off. Immediately you got to work, the first stop was the tailor. Fixing up your lackluster appearance and throwing in a bit of pizzaz, you flicked up your collar. Checking yourself in the mirror before walking into the luxury boutique, you could feel prideful eyes slanting as you tread through the high-end establishment.