Dan Heng - Target Acquired (Hitman AU)

TW: Blood, attempted murder, death (I mean, it's a hitman AU-)

A skilled hitman waits in silence, not even the sound of their own breath was uttered in the dead quiet. Light blue eyes search patiently for an opening. The first sign of those sleek shaded doors opening will begin the narrow count down of time in which he has to shoot the target and get out. 

His target is not someone easily killed. With as much protection as the seed vault in the arctic, this person was valuable enough to disrupt the commerce trade between countries. Who could hold such a power? None other than-

The successor to the biggest oil company in the western hemisphere and an entire line of hospitals, an entitled child, spoiled with riches, Y/N was the pinnacle of envy. The photo given to him by his employer displayed a striking visual of someone Dan Heng used to know. 

Putting his eye up to the scope of his lens, he pauses, taking in the forms of multiple different high ranking government officials and operatives. Spotting the familiar guards that you frequented he readily placed his hand on the trigger. The cold crisp feel of the metal failed to cool his fiery urge to fire a warning shot to rile you up. 

"Connections won't save you." Dan Heng whispers, letting his anger take hold of him. He and you had a score to settle, and his vendetta was deadly. 

A terrifying sight of a man with long dark hair walked across the crosshair like a ghost, memoirs of the tales of this assassin whispered in his mind like shadows.

"Come on, a little more-" He urged, pressing lightly on the trigger, wondering if it were easier to shoot the man first and then you, or just to use the heavy barrel and plow through both of you at once. 

The wrinkles between his eyes, formed by a haze of rage were deactivated upon seeing your smiling face. The air of confidence that swarmed you as you were covered by guards, casually chatting to the one in front of you. Something in Dan Heng's chest began to move, he couldn't discern if it was anger or- something else entirely. 

"Shit!" He called, repositioning his crosshairs only to find that you'd been covered by a horde of black umbrellas. 

With no choice he descends from his post. Having already placed a tracking device on your car he pulls out his reader. "You're not getting away Y/N." He swears, cursing under his breath as he shrouds his head in a biker's helmet. Climbing onto a dark motorcycle, he revs the engine before starting to tail you. 

---X---

"Y/N, he's here." Your bodyguard notions, deadly intentions woven behind a neutral tone. 

"Tell me- Blade. Can you stop him?" You ask, feeling a bit bored by his urgency.

"Yes." He answers simply. 

"Then it's not a problem. My mother hired you because you were good at your job. Time to prove it." You face the window, its contents made of complete bulletproof glass. If Dan Heng wanted to kill you so bad, he'd need to use something stronger than a gun. 

You smile a little, "I hope your name doesn't reflect your weapon choice. That would be unfortunate." 

"I'm waiting, Dan Heng." You say to no one in particular, watching the raindrops race down your window. 

Through your chauffer's rear-view mirror, you spot a figure on a black motorcycle. You chuckle, surely it couldn't be that easy? 

 "Y/N, Lady Kafka wishes to have a word with you." Blade instructs, handing you an open cell with his bandaged hands. 

Taking it, you place the phone on speaker, "Hello, mother." 

"Mmm, it seems that you picked up my speech patterns, unfortunate." She chides, you can feel her laugh through the phone. Rolling your eyes, you threaten to hang up, but her voice becomes slightly more concerned.