Blade - Runner (Rival AU) Pt 2

The trials of life that you and Blade promised to share would come quicker than you'd imagined, and they would hit like a freight train.  

"Do you not love me anymore?!?" He yells, throwing his hands out. 

"Of course, I do! What are you even talking about?!" You cry back, feeling your headache start to grow. This wasn't the first time he'd reacted badly to you bringing up your decision. 

"Then why are you doing this-" He mutters, his voice reflecting how utterly wounded he looked. 

Placing your hand on your head you take a breath, "Blade. It's not even for that long." You tried to reason but he shook his head, inconsolable. 

He shut down, sitting silently in the crevice of the room with the most sunlight. He likes the warm tingling feeling that the brisk whisps of light had when they touched his nose, it was something that helped him calm down when he became too emotional. 

You took a deep breath, sitting next to him in hopes he wouldn't think you were upset. You laid your head on his shoulder, but he gently pushed you away. You got the memo and stood up, leaving him alone by the glass sliding windows to calm down in the sunlight. 

He hated the idea of you leaving him, he couldn't take it. The longest the two of you had been apart from each other in the past two years was when he had the flu and couldn't go on a class trip to the bay marina. Even that was no longer than a week. 

Blade couldn't wrap his head around what you had just asked of him. It wouldn't be the duration of a week, but three whole years as you travelled internationally to go to college. It would be three long years of longing, as he knew he wouldn't be able to follow you. 

It drove him crazy, thinking about you overseas without him. How many other girls and guys would approach you, not knowing that your heart was already beating in his chest? Through the jealousy a small voice of sanity whispered in the dark. What if you found someone who could treat you better? He knew you would never leave him; you practically invited him to live with you the third day you met, and that was the problem. The person who could complete you might pass you by, and you wouldn't even blink.

He watched your form walk in and out of your room, as you began to pack up your things to take abroad. Though as you noticed him staring, you walked over to him and handed him a warm cup of chamomile, it was your mother's blend, and Blade's favorite. Even in the middle of you leaving, you still found time to care for him. 

Blade thought long and hard about what to do and finally came up with an idea. 

"He's been oddly quiet, hasn't he?" You ask your mother as she helps you tape down a box for you to take to college. 

"He does that when you're not around, Y/N. It's pitiful, as if he just had his heart torn out when you go to the supermarket." You mother sighs. Your father had never been the best supporter of your mother's strength or interests, so when Blade began to do nothing but mope around instead of helping you pack, she became worried, like all mothers would. 

"A-Y/N, I think that you and him could use the time apart." She explains, stacking the boxes neatly. 

"What do you mean?" You ask, taking a nice long sip of your mother's tea.

"He's too reliant on you. All he does, he does for you. Blade has no hobbies." She says, wiping the sweat off her face. You stare at him falling asleep by the window, going to help him, your mother gets there first, picking him up and carrying him to his bedroom. You followed, realizing that his hobbies were limited to mobile games and the occasional dumbbell, but the entirety of his room was stale.