Lan - The beginning of the Hunt

"Y/N, what are you doing?" The celestial Aeon inquired, appearing before you in a moment's notice. They had an impeccable amount of speed beneath their powerful and formidable presence. 

"I made a cactus!" You smiled, showing Lan the rough prototype of your newest creation. 

"A what." 

"It's spiky and has a lot of thorns, just like you, Lan." You pointed out, laughing at the immortal being. Lan's blank expression was encompassed by a large diamond like piece over their ethereal form. You imagined that if your fellow Aeon could laugh, they would be. 

"Where will you put it?" 

"I'm thinking in places with a lot of sun. It seems like that would work nicely." Nodding along to your own ingenious, Lan sighs. The Aeon's hooves strutting around you in confusion. You were the only inexplicable part of Lan's home world. Having assumed they were the only celestial being from their planet, Lan didn't understand you at all. 

Regardless of how confusing you were, Lan valued your presence. You filled the once empty and hollowed plain with different plants, enlightening the world with your vibrance. 

Lan could not stop from patting the top of your head affectionately, their blue sparkling skin glowing faintly as they caressed your face. In the surface of their skin, multiple galaxies swirled upon their arm. 

"What are you doing, huh Lan?" You teased with a smile, mimicking the manner in which they had originally questioned you. 

"Trying to understand you. Why I care about-" Lan cleared their throat, "Ahem-" 

"Aww, you do care." Your smile persisted as Lan began to pinch at your cheeks, a bit flustered. The only sign of their flustered emotions being in the way that they relentlessly poked at your face gently, failing to refrain from touching your soft skin. 

Lan eventually stopped touching your cheeks as it became sore and puffy. "Y/N." 

"Yes, Lan?"

"Nothing- I just enjoy calling your name." Lan stated, laying comfortably on the ground as you began to braid their long white hair. It was luxurious, soft like a stream of air. Complimenting how beautiful it was as it reflected the light of the galaxy within it. 

Lan preferred to move fast; it was easiest for them to proceed if things around them moved slowly. Though, in your company, Lan found themself waiting, patiently for your smile. In a strange comfort, they felt as if nothing with you needed to be rushed. If the both of you had the entirety of eternity to be together, then they would gladly savor every moment as slow as possible. 

"Lan- the cactus just poked me. It can poke me! Is this a sign of defiance?! What about filial piety?" You began, examining the cut on your finger as the strange substance began to touch all things around you. Spreading with it, the life of tiny little green needles all over the ground. 

"What do you call this one?" Lan asked, a soft pink spreading over their usually pale ethereal mass of white cosmos. Easing onto the grass and adoring you lovingly in the comfortable silence. 

"Blood greens-"

"That sounds horrible. Perhaps, Grass?" You assumed it was because Lan was staring at your butt, and that the blood that poured from your hands was green. Though you couldn't be certain since Lan didn't exactly have eyes, you gave up and accepted the name. Still thinking that 'Blood Greens' had been a far more fitting title, you digressed. 

Lan followed you around as you studied the new environment you'd begun to create. It would only take you a couple centuries to finally grasp the concept of terraforming, raising lands and sinking the grounds, using your tears to concoct large streams. Eventually you promised Lan that you would create a giant mass of water, one that the both of you could dip your feet, and hooves, into.