Dan Heng - Symphony (Modern AU)

The conclusion of a medley often leaves one with a bittersweet empathy. There is a duality, a half-self that is sad to hear the conclusion of a great piece, and the compliment of elation after having heard it. 

Many would agree with such a statement, as the netizens that swarmed the internet went absolutely wild for the hit new composition from the mysterious artist DH. 

"Huh, why does this guy even have so many hits? He looks depressed." You comment on his dead eyes, you compared them to a fish. 

"He writes some of the most touching music I've ever heard." March says, folding her hands together in a joking manner, in truth she felt similarly to the way you did. She understood the allure, but it just wasn't her form of music. 

"Right, mozart looks so young!" You joke, sticking your tongue out just before your stage manager walked into the room with your producer. 

"On in five, good luck Y/N. You're gonna kill it." Your stage manager leaves as soon as she entered. 

Allowing your producer some time to grasp the look you were going for in the opening number he looked displeased. "Something wrong?" You ask. 

"Nope! Just got great news- you've been booked for a joined rehearsal with the composer DH." You nearly coughed, choking on your own spit, not believing what your producer was even saying. 

"Are you serious?" You spout, March raises her hands and backs up to join the stage manager outside. 

"What about Serval!?" You ask, wondering why you were supposed to be booked with one of you biggest music chart competitors. 

"She was busy, something about needing a break from the internet. Don't worry you'll kill it out there, bye~" Your producer said, something about his unfortunate timing pissed you off enough to begin a quick livestream. 

"Hey everyone, thanks for coming to the show! Where we'll blow DH out of the water!" You wink, turning off the stream and posting the same thing onto your platform, immediately gaining traction. You ignored it and went up on stage. 

The opening number was strong, a large display of fireworks and wonderful stage direction. You sang with the entirety of your soul before being backed by multiple back-up dancers. Your vocals had never been stronger, accompanied by a track with emphasis on your harmony and the tactful style of your voice. 

Though as you looked into the crowd you could notice small groups of people slowly beginning to leave the stadium. It confused you, thinking there was a chance for rain or some imminent weather warning. 

Once the concert had ended on a beautiful number with you and backed by Serval the concert ended. After a quick address and message to your fans you rushed off the stage. 

"Is there a tornado or something?" 

"Y/N! You've got a big problem! What you said before the concert started trending and now all of the DH supporters are starting a hashtag dubbed, Y/NNogame." You raised a brow in awe, it didn't even make sense. 

"Ok, but why are people leaving my concert in the middle of it?" You wondered.

"Because, DH just came out with a track about his struggles with his family, when you publicly denounced him." March said with worry, biting her thumb slightly. 

"I didn't denounce him! I just said we were going to-"

"Blow him up with water?! I didn't type that!" Regardless of the true intent of your words a war between the groups started. With many of your fans defending you, and others calling you callous and inconsiderate.