Blade - Tyrants on Iron Thrones Pt2

A/N: This chapter will get pretty dark. The choices that you make at the end are going to completely change the ending. Choose wisely ~ (There may be a hidden route with another character???) [My otome game phase is coming back...]

---X---

After Blade had taken you captive as his righthand attendant you weren't sure what to expect. Though, what you certainly weren't anticipating was for Blade to become so...open. 

Conflicted over how you felt about the vicious tyrant, he had nearly become a different person. Or perhaps you never truly knew him until this point. You refused- no matter how different he appeared, he was still the same person who had hurt your loved ones and tormented your people. 

As you thought of the devil, so too did he arrive. Opening the doors to his room as you sat curled up in a little ball by the window. 

"Not even a greeting?" 

"Do you deserve it?" 

With a heavy sigh he walks over to the window, sitting lazily upon the windowsill across from you. Overlooking the kingdom, you see the blood-stained streets that he massacred the rebels upon, just before the guillotine where he threatened to hang the heads of your friends. 

"I can't trust you. Which is why, I'm asking- why did you let me live?"

"I wanted to see you suffer."

"Thanks..." You roll your eyes, trying to avoid his gaze, which never stopped watching you. 

"Emphasis on, 'wanted'." 

"And now?"

He shrugs, placing his hand over his mouth as he stares alongside you, "I'm not sure anymore." 

You sat in a tense silence as he ran a hand over his eyes, not sure why his heart so desperately crawled towards you. There was a calm that he experienced while near you, the certainty that you hated him, with such tenderness that baffled him. How could you have held a sword to his chest and caressed his face in the same motion? 

He was scared in that moment, digging the sword into his own chest- hoping that it would assure him that was the choice you would've made. Though, as he watched you, he wasn't sure if that was the case. 

Then, a knock at the door. With his word, the general's ominous presence entered the room. His stiff emotionless attitude as he bowed before the king. Blade walked over in order to talk more privately, his cape dragging across the ground. 

"Huh?" It was then that you noticed the eyes of the man in the mask peering past Blade and straight at you. He had such piercing golden eyes that you couldn't help but peer into, as if they were waiting to speak to you. Like a brutal swarm of lightning, you found yourself caught in the storm within his eyes. 

Blade turned back to you, "Stay here. Jing Yuan will watch over you to make sure you don't do anything stupid." He warns, draping his cloak over his head and storming off out into the castle. 

Thinking that you could somehow empathize with this stranger, you approached them. Staring up into their striking yellow eyes, searching for a bit of empathy that wasn't there. 

"Help me. Please." 

"i can not." He responded. His voice was much softer than it had been before, as if he found it difficult to talk. 

"Would you like some water?" You offered, rushing into your bag to find a small bottle that you'd taken a sip of before the entirety of the ordeal had played out. He didn't accept initially, standing stiffly against the wall in an uncomfortable silence.