Luocha - From Heaven

Pale skin that glows under the faintest kiss from the sun, and long silvery lashes that flutter gently. Every move he made was entrancing, a serene sight of humble elegance to such a degree you could not drag your eyes away.

"Y/N, quit dawdling. We have much to do today." Head palace maid, Yin Shiyi was quick to remind you. Her work for the seventh price was never without intense consideration and focus, as her protege she wished you had those same disciplines.

"Of course...miss Shiyin." You nodded slowly, taking one final glance at the seventh prince before dunking the clothes inside the wash-bin.

The fine silk, white with golden embroidery looked fitting for someone of godly status to wear. Velvety smooth, you could only take a moment to run your calloused hands over them, backing away slightly in the fear that your hands might ruin such precious work.

"Y/N. I need you to do something for me." Her brows furrow as her strict attitude shifts into a harsh scowl. Sitting up straight, you yt to ignore the tense atmosphere.

"Yes!" You respond, hands eagerly placed on your knees as you ready yourself for a scolding.

"Relax child, I'm not going to hit you. I want you to be part of the attendants for the banquet tonight-"

"Really?!" You jump to your feet, "I won't disappoint you miss Shiyi!"

"Aiyah-! it's a big responsibility...Are you sure I can trust you?" She raises her brow, looking a bit more at ease with your upbeat attitude.

"I won't let you down!" Returning to your work with a small smile plastered on your face, she doesn't seem assured but allows it to happen anyways.

The both of you continue your work for the palace, stringing up lanterns and placing up banners. The seventh prince had always been a mystery. Least loved of the king's four sons and three daughters and the youngest within the royal family, it was nearly as if everyone had forgotten about him within this small sector of the grand palace.

"Your mind is clouded by useless things Y/N. Tell me so that you may be rid of them." She commands, despite secretly wishing to hear the gossip herself.

You hide a smirk, "The seventh prince is so pitiful. Always locked away in his room, as if he doesn't exist."

"Hmm. There are things before your time that I as a cranky old woman can attest to. The seventh prince was born to a scheming woman, crude and dark hearted." Miss Shiyi takes a moment of pause before turning to you. "Such are lies spread by the court."

"The king's hatred of such an evil woman has rubbed of on his judgement to his own son. It is pitiful, but there is nothing we can do."

"Evil...?" Murmuring her words in your head, you could only wonder what she could have done to encourage such discontent from the highest authority in the kingdom.

"If she is truly evil, does that mean the seventh prince is evil-" she clasps a hand over your mouth, both of you staring in horror at the seventh prince's disgruntled expression.

Despite his woeful glance, he walks away without a word, leaving the both of you to continue your job. Unbeknownst to Miss Shiyi, you decided to tail the prince, under the guise of looking for a scrub.

"Dang he's fast!" You muttered, charging After him quietly as his form descended down the halls.

Landing in a small clearing beside a destroyed pavilion, you knew that it was a forbidden ground to tread, even for the prince. With every step he took, the burnt wood creaked, broken shutters flapping in the wind as if the home was revitalized with his presence.