Bronya (Reader AU) - Finish Line

(A/N: Since I forgot to mention, 'reader AU's" just mean that Y/N isn't a trailblazer, and instead has a completely different history.)

The metallic husk of Dyus-Prime's armada fleet ship, serial number 172545, flew along the Beta-syrus' fourth quadrant. 

"On track Tyson?" You ask, leaning over to the flustered engineer. 

"Ugh, don't patronize me Y/N!" He shouts, feeling his cheeks light up with embarrassment. You'd long since known of Tyson's admiration for you, seeing you as a cool supervisor. He didn't want to disappoint you, and your teasing certainly wasn't helping ease his flustered mind. 

Throwing your hands up you back off, leaving the engineer to work out his own route through the starship. Continuing your journey through the hull, you nodded, realizing the both of you had managed to get lost a mere two minutes after walking away from the maintenance hall.

"Here." He hands you the map, dejected. You felt bad for him, until your eyes bulged, you couldn't read the map at all. It was written with a different kind of instructions in comparison to standard Dyus-Prime letterings. Most likely written by an original engineer from the first era.

"Huh." You laugh hesitantly. Flipping the map over, upside down and backwards. Giving up on the map the two of you wander around the ship, hoping to find someone else on the massive vessel. To your dismay, there was not another soul as far as your eye could see. 

That was until a loud clamoring brought both of your attention to a bewildered young woman, she had beautiful silver hair and cute blue earrings with a purple ombre. "Woah." You accidentally utter aloud. Taking in her beauty with disbelief, there was no way she was part of the fleet. It wasn't just because she was abnormally elegant, but the fact that she was wearing a dress. 

On the Dyus-Prime recreational clothing was relegated to easily produced and distributed jump-suits in a rainbow variation for 'flavor'. So, to see someone with a fashion sense was absolutely captivating. 

She stood up, stumbling slightly, you wondered if she was drunk. That's when you realized, the way she dressed, and her drill-bit hair style- she was from Jarillo-IIV. 

"Uhm, Y/N? Isn't that the supreme guardian of Jarillo-IIV?" Tyson questioned, you nodded along, silently approaching the young woman. She noticed you and cautiously backed away. 

"Wait don't-" She bolts off in a hurry. 

"Run." You sigh, hinting at Tyson that you wanted to follow her. 

The two of you trudge past countless lamps, with no sign of her energy depleting, though you and Tyson were not so fortunate. "How does- she have- unlimited- stamina!?" He throws his head behind him exasperated, stuttering between breaths. You didn't know, but taking the breath support to respond was a waste, focusing you used the momentum in your arms to star getting a leg-up on the mysterious woman. 

Turning around a large corner you finally caught up to her, but to your dismay you'd just run out of strength. "Great, now how are we supposed to catch her?" 

"Catch her? I just wanted to talk to her." You admit. 

"What!? She's a foreign entity running around on the largest cargo ship in the fleet! You can't let her go-"

"Come now, she's not a galactic war criminal." You jest.

"You're being irrational, with all due respect, Lieutenant. Don't let her beauty cloud your judgement." He sighs. 

"Can't I? Who's to stop me."

"Protocol, Lieutenant." Tyson deadpans. 

You shake your head, resuming the chase to catch up with the woman. That's when the both of you hear a loud bang, accompanied by shouting in the distance. "What was that?!" Tyson asks, unwilling to press on. 

"She could be hurt, Tyson." You encourage him to follow you but he stays behind.